Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Tom......God's honest truth....if you are waiting on all that, it'll never happen. Get married, all the rest will fall into place eventually.

And besides, statistically most marriages that fall apart do so within the first seven years, so if it all goes south, how's she gonna take half of what you own if you're only renting it?
She'll have to pay half the notes just to take half his stuff.
Brilliant. :D
And for once, I'd like to all go North, I'm tired of it coming this way.

I gotta wait at least until I buy a house, we can't all live at my parents' house.
I won't rent, waste of money, and to get a rental where I could keep all my cars and tractors and such, it would cost me a fortune.

Tom......God's honest truth....if you are waiting on all that, it'll never happen. Get married, all the rest will fall into place eventually.

And besides, statistically most marriages that fall apart do so within the first seven years, so if it all goes south, how's she gonna take half of what you own if you're only renting it?

Well, isn't that just special :p

I'm having a hard enough time doing that. I made an offer on a house last week, 7k above asking price, got rejected. The week before that I made an offer on a house for full asking price, got rejected.

He comes over just about every Saturday. :p

Sure. I'll find a house for you there that you can buy.:p

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I gotta wait at least until I buy a house, we can't all live at my parents' house.
I won't rent, waste of money, and to get a rental where I could keep all my cars and tractors and such, it would cost me a fortune.

I'm having a hard enough time doing that. I made an offer on a house last week, 7k above asking price, got rejected. The week before that I made an offer on a house for full asking price, got rejected.

Next time, try lowering your offer to below asking price...if you seriously want a house of your own. Then if they give you any "lip" about how low your offer is, send them to here so we can have at them!

Yes, Dana that is.
http://youtu.be/RmwqnqL3Hbg

Your area of the country must be going through a real estate boom that other areas aren't. Then again, what is a house out there? $50? :p

The next one, I'm lowballing. The only reason I offered above is because the house was priced 100k below assessed value and was beautiful, and had 5 offers already.

The other, I only offered asking, because it needed a new roof and I put it in the offer that he had to replace it.

I also put in both offers they had to provide a warranty and pay closing costs.

Next time, try lowering your offer to below asking price...if you seriously want a house of your own. Then if they give you any "lip" about how low your offer is, send them to here so we can have at them!

The next one, I'm lowballing. The only reason I offered above is because the house was priced 100k below assessed value and was beautiful, and had 5 offers already.

The other, I only offered asking, because it needed a new roof and I put it in the offer that he had to replace it.

I also put in both offers they had to provide a warranty and pay closing costs.

Things like roofs and other defects are usually deducted from the price not added to the deals. The warranty is usually a shared cost between buyer and seller. Closing costs are usually shared as well. Don’t try to ask for too much for nothing. :p That is usually the way it is out here anyway. :p

Don't get discouraged Tom. It's a buyers market right now.
And for what it's worth, the seller DID put a new roof on the house we just bought and paid closing costs. They were very motivated sellers apparently.
I did buy my own warranty, though, but it was waaaay cheaper than the roof.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, it's a seller's market here, when you're dealing in my price range. If you wanna buy a 200,000 house or so, go right ahead, there's a HUGE inventory of them. I'm trying to find something on the cheap, and they go fast.

And for what it's worth, the seller DID put a new roof on the house we just bought and paid closing costs. They were very motivated sellers apparently.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

With fixer-uppers, I try to get as much as I can lol

Things like roofs and other defects are usually deducted from the price not added to the deals. The warranty is usually a shared cost between buyer and seller. Closing costs are usually shared as well. Don’t try to ask for too much for nothing. :p That is usually the way it is out here anyway. :p

Well, my parents paid far less, and built the house. They're in it for far less, and we have 40 acres and a 5 acre pond.

My neighbor paid $900,000 for a corner house next to me with only an acre of land. :doh: I hope your parents got more than that.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Unfortunately, it's a seller's market here, when you're dealing in my price range. If you wanna buy a 200,000 house or so, go right ahead, there's a HUGE inventory of them. I'm trying to find something on the cheap, and they go fast.

Well, my parents paid far less, and built the house. They're in it for far less, and we have 40 acres and a 5 acre pond.

Houses can be an issue to find a great deal on one, but, just keep seeking what you are looking for. You will find one sooner or later. One positive part of looking is you know what pricing is and what not to pay for a home....and what "to" pay.......(the bald man....wore....a "to" pay)....lol

In a seller's market you are going to have to pay through the nose whether you like it or not. Fortunately, I bought a house at the low and sold it at the high. The dope paid everything himself. :p
Fixer uppers actually end up costing you more money than just getting something decent unless you can do ABSOLUTELY everything yourself and not pay anyone to do ANYTHING.
You know as well as I do about the guy who sinks all kinds of money into his classic car and will never be able to get it out of the car. Same thing with a house. Some people will keep the house up to such a standard that they will never get what they paid for it out of it. Then if they do odd specific to them modifications, they will even do damage to the asking price. :p
Forty acres and a pond would cost you WAAAAAAAY more out here. :p

You were waaaay lucky to find a place like that AND have the seller pony up costs. All I got the guy to do when I bought my first house was fix a few cracked windows. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou