Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Facebook anybody?

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Undertow said:
Don't have one, won't have one.

Same goes for cell phones. Don't need one, won't use one.

[huh]

I use my FB to make business contacts.

I just recently got a cell phone. It's cheaper than a land line. I just don't use it in public.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Quigley Brown said:
I just recently got a cell phone. It's cheaper than a land line. I just don't use it in public.

I think everyone in my family has recommended this to me in one fashion or another, with the additional, "You could use it if you ever got in a wreck," suggestion.

I think my problem is that I would be better off living in a Montana cabin with nothing but great expanse on each side, and room for a rifle range. No one could call me, or email me and I would only occassionally visit the Lounge. ;)

HepKitty

One Too Many
guilty. have a lot of photos for my family because I never get to see them. other upsides are for the swing dancers and rock climbers...

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
I used to belong to that, and recently with many asking me, have thought of rejoining...but decided against it still.

Only because I don't care for 'poster friends' (only those who are genuine do I care to have on my 'friends list') and people can contact me via email or PM if they wish on the forums I belong to (so it is redundant)...also I've had some bad experiences with social network sites and I don't care to go back to that.

lostinthe50's

New in Town
I have both FB and Myspace. I actually met my girlfriend of 4 years on myspace and we have a beautiful little boy. So I have to say that I am glad that I have both Myspace and FB. I have connected with more of my extended family on FB and hardly ever get on my Myspace anymore. I keep it more for sentimental reasons (where I met the woman of my dreams) than anything else.

jwalls

Vendor
Yes indeed I have a Facebook page. My girls got it started but I've begun to enjoy use it to keep up with family and friends.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
I had changed my mind about joining this goofy thing - only because with my new website I can have the two connected. Should anyone be interested: Gunther Prien is my ID there.

I'm not going to get heavily involved in it like many do though.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have to have a membership since I handle PR & marketing for four NPOs, and it's one of our easiest, most cost-effective ways of publicizing events. I give it a glance about once a week just to see what's going on around town. I'm always amazed with posts from a few friends who can't seem to have a bowel movement or pass gas without announcing it to the world. "I'm having my first sit-down dinner with the family in months and remembering how fun it can be." Yeah, pinhead, put away the damn iPhone and talk, rather than text, with your family. [huh]

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
vintage68 said:
I just don't get the whole "addicted to Facebook" thing. I haven't checked my account in weeks.

Same here. I check it daily, time permitting and, I still have just 35 "friends"[huh] I do not post my every move unlike a HS chum of mine :rolleyes: which I guess would explain why she has over 500 followers [huh]

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It's handy & quick.

For touching base with people I just sadly don't often get to see and keep other's up to date with any 'interesting' things that might have happened.

But don't post mundane, "I just had a pepperoni pizza" type entries.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I'm on. I'm addicted. I love it. But I'd love to come up with some method of filtering comments based on whether after reading them I wished I hadn't wasted my time reading them. They don't have a "Sort by relevance" button. Or "Sort by inanity". The problem is, I find some peoples' inanity more entertaining than other peoples' earthshaking news.

JimWagner

Practically Family
Had FB for about a month before I killed the account.

The good: You can find people you haven't seen in a long time.
The bad: People you haven't seen in a long time can find you.

Mav

A-List Customer
Black Dahlia said:
I'm now free of it. I finally deleted my account. Life in the *real* world is good!

X
BD
I'm about one more "Chris is checking in from Starbucks at Fisherman's Wharf" away from doing the same thing. shakeshead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo