Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Facebook anybody?

Warden

One Too Many
I like the old face book, but have to limit myself as I find it a little addictive

Harry

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I originally set up my page to connect with "lost" relatives and friends I hadn't spoken to in 20+ yrs. But I was surprised to find new friends through there ... including a few from these forums that I've gotten to know better.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I didn't think I would enjoy facebook when I started using it a year ago. Now I use it all the time and enjoy talking to a lot of people I otherwise would never be able to.

I just got a $25.00 charge on my credit card from Zynga - game center. Zynga makes those farmville and mafia wars games. They are on facebook. The thing is I never played either of those games and never downloaded whatever it needs to play those games. I never gave my credit card to anything on facebook.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96024-Zynga-CEO-Admits-to-Being-a-Scammer

So... that is the end of facebook for this guy.

I just wanted to give you loungers a heads up.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Son_of_Atropos said:
I just got a $25.00 charge on my credit card from Zynga .... I never gave my credit card to anything on facebook.
Well then how did they get your info?

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Foofoogal said:
Important to look again at your profile settings from time to time. FB will default back to their settings after they tweak the site which seems to be often.
-------

Sally, you need to set up a fan page. Check mine out from my blog.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php

Thanks for the heads up on that one. I have had to join the thing after fighting tooth and nail in order to join a private group and be kept up to date with our doings, but I really don't feel comfortable with the default settings giving out more info than I wish to give (which, to be honest, is no info at all! I'd much rather email/write a body if there's something they need to know). I've changed them, but if I have to keep an eye on it it's just one more damn thing, isn't it?

Besides, I'd much rather spend my computer time on the Lounge...:)

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I’m on myspace and facebook. I check my myspace about twice a year..mostly use it to view band pages. On facebook often. Just joined the Fedora Lounge group on there. Don’t be shy…say hello!

X
BD

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Spitfire said:
Any loungers hanging out on Facebook?
(Sorry if this has been asked before - but I did try the searchbutton)

First I thought it was yet another see-me, see-me dating, teen-thing, but a lot of my adult (mature) friends and collegues are there as well.
An easy way to get hold of each other, drop videos to each other etc. Good fun actually.
And no - I am not "Spitfire" there - but my real name: Soren Parup.
Link up if you feel like it.
I'm on FaceBook... A bit boring though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot