Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Aeros on ebay

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
If the photo copyright holder contacts eBay then they will pull the listing, and if there are multiple instaces, the account. Of course the seller will then just start up a new account most likely.

I always wonder what you actually receive when someone is using fake images. Most seem happy but not all...

The jacket I received is not like the one in the photo, the zipper and the colla

The business' details listed give ;

Fazons Industries
Hameed Ahmed
Flat 7 Westbury Court
Westbury Road
Forest Gate
London
E7 8BT
United Kingdom

But I'd expect they are just drop shipping from somewhere as suggested above.

Similar thread on the VLJ forum... UQAAB Wears and stolen pictures

trialsallday

One of the Regulars
I saw one the other day of a fake leather D1 and the pictures they were using our of the D1 that Thurston brothers has for sale on their website at the moment

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
All India and Pakistani based...
Hope all Paypal fans and supporter can help and hack it...
Good luck to the buyers of these crapy things and to those who still believe...

trialsallday

One of the Regulars
All India and Pakistani based...
Hope all Paypal fans and supporter can help and hack it...
Good luck to the buyers of these crapy things and to those who still believe...
Well in regards to the D1 I was referring to, at least in the description it did say faux leather they. They did not advertise it as real leather they definitely stated it was fake leather the only problem with the listing was the pictures they were using were not at the actual jacket but that Of the D1 that Thurston brothers has for sale currently

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Well in regards to the D1 I was referring to, at least in the description it did say faux leather they. They did not advertise it as real leather they definitely stated it was fake leather the only problem with the listing was the pictures they were using were not at the actual jacket but that Of the D1 that Thurston brothers has for sale currently
Still from Paki-Indi

John Lever

One Too Many
If the photo copyright holder contacts eBay then they will pull the listing, and if there are multiple instaces, the account. Of course the seller will then just start up a new account most likely.

I always wonder what you actually receive when someone is using fake images. Most seem happy but not all...

The business' details listed give ;

Fazons Industries
Hameed Ahmed
Flat 7 Westbury Court
Westbury Road
Forest Gate
London
E7 8BT
United Kingdom

But I'd expect they are just drop shipping from somewhere as suggested above.

Similar thread on the VLJ forum... UQAAB Wears and stolen pictures
Unfortunately not. Ken has given up reporting fake items to ebay as nothing is ever done.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I reported something from this site, they are based in Stratford London. Still on there. eBay worry too much over their profits I guess.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Someone buy one. :) jk

You have to wonder what the process is. They obviously don't have a jacket to pattern from so, presumably, someone in Pakistan receives an email with a copy of this photo and does their best to come up with a jacket that somewhat resembles it.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
As long as we and buyers scream for:...
" better price" , " price reduction", " whats your best" etc...,
also here on this site.....
....those cheapies will have a niche market and offer these faked crap items and other crap... for sure...Sorry no more excuses...At the end we and the society pays for cheap ,cheap,cheap ...behavior...
But we gave them the chance to do so...cheap wins always...nowadays.
Cheap and best price wins...Versus ...Quality, Dureability, Ethics, and so on.
Solidarity...unfortunatly...less and less...just check it out here...bump, bump...bump...
I am aware this miserable situation has been discussed many times here in a lot of threads... sorry to bring it up again...
BUT AGAIN A LOT OF BUYERS HERE ONLY ASK FOR IT...cheap, best price, lower costs ..bump, bump..bump..etc...
Apologies...but please respect the work an invested time and comitment the maker put in manufacturing the product you want....please value it.
Thx.

Last edited:

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^ The pursuit of reasonable prices for genuine products is not the root problem. Rather, the core problem is a large segment of society are fixated on owning products that they cannot afford and, in order to satiate this desire, they purchase counterfeit substitutes. Counterfeit jackets are the tip of the iceberg. I just returned from two weeks in Asia and the volume of readily available counterfeit products is staggering. Legions of people yearn to project a false image. They want the jacket with the Aero label, regardless of whether it is legitimate, even though they likely can purchase a superior jacket without the Aero label for the same price. They want other people to believe they can afford the genuine product. They want the perceived cachet associated with the genuine product. They have little or no self esteem, and don't care that they are lying to everyone around them. There are exponentially more counterfeit Rolex watches and Louis Vuitton purses in circulation, as compared to genuine Rolex/LV, for precisely this reason. Most people don't care if it is real -- they only care about the perceived image associated with the brand/label, and have no compunction about lying to their friends and colleagues. Its a sad commentary on society's declining values.

It's posing. People have become so shallow that they feel good with fake items.
They feel good stealing music/movies online rather than paying for them.
They can't wait a week for something they need now.
It's a different world, and I don't like all of it...

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I don't think this is really about people buying 'fake items' though. Nobody looking at that listing would know it was an Aero Leathers jacket in the photo, the brand isn't mentioned in the listing, they would just think they were buying a jacket in that style, cheaply.

The thread title is maybe a little missleading in that regard, the eBay seller is stealing images and using them to market items he can't fully produce as the OP posted, but he isn't selling fake, branded products as such.

Yes what buyers receive will most likely not look like the photo and won't be the same quality as the jacket pictured, but if people thought they were buying an Aero then I imagine the feedback would be a whole lot harsher.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Even if you no real knowledge about leather jackets, surely you'd look at that price and think 'nah, that's awfully cheap for what's on offer'? I even have doubts about those feedback scores, though one person had the good sense to point out their purchase looked nothing like the one on offer. How easy can it be to fake those?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran