Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite cigar & hat combination...

562lonnie

New in Town
With all the nice classy hats that I know everyone on this site wears and owns does anyone smoke a cigar while wearing their favorite fedora and if so what hat and cigar makes your day?
A good Cuban Monticristo #2 and my Borsolino...we be mates.
Nothing like a cigar smelling hat...:cool2:
Thanks for welcome.

Regards,
Lonnie

flylot74

One of the Regulars
I've been known to fire up a "heater" every now and again. I tend to migrate to the R&J Churchill and prefer the R&J Cubans when out of the country than the the Dominican variety sold in the states. However, I was given a Cusano here recently to try and found it quite good for the price considering it's one fifth the price of a Cuban R&J!

Havana

One of the Regulars
I'm an avid cigar smoker. (I wasn't given the name Havana for nothing!) I'll smoke any quality cigar. Some of the best I've ever had were Cuban Cohibas that a Limey friend of mine who visits Cuba smuggled in for me. I love variety but my old reliables are thick and dark Hoyo De Monterrey's. I have a couple of Akubra Snowy Rivers that I've converted into Zoot type wide brim fedoras. Those are easily my best looking smoking hats.

Out of doors

Cigar smoking tends to be a backyard / outdoors type of thing for me but it all comes down to a Cuba Aliados or Puros Indios or what ever is being offered with what ever hat I am wearing at the time. Most likey are my Akubra Squatter or Bushman.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Romeo y Juliette, Hoyo De Monterrey Excalibur, Partagas Spanish Rosada, Gurkha Black Dragon, sosa..... , and any hat but my Art hat, don't want it smelling like cigar.:rolleyes:

duggap

Banned
For years I smoked the hand rolled cigars from Ybor City just outside Tampa. But due to throat cancer I had to stop smoking so now I don't smoke cigars because I can't stop from inhaling and then I would have to quit all over again. Not sure I could do that.:eusa_doh:

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Havana said:
I'm an avid cigar smoker. (I wasn't given the name Havana for nothing!) I'll smoke any quality cigar. Some of the best I've ever had were Cuban Cohibas that a Limey friend of mine who visits Cuba smuggled in for me. I love variety but my old reliables are thick and dark Hoyo De Monterrey's. I have a couple of Akubra Snowy Rivers that I've converted into Zoot type wide brim fedoras. Those are easily my best looking smoking hats.
Perhaps a few shots of these converted Snowy's?...:eusa_clap [huh] :D

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I started with Swisher Sweets in the army...inhaled and was hooked!:eek: ...Used cigs to break the cigar habit...smoked about 10 years...just gave it all up thanks to back surgery and morphine:eek: :D ...Now I'm hooked on morphine...lol lol lol :p

spiridon

A-List Customer
Hmmmmmmm??

Never gave this combination much thought, but I have a Disney that would make a superb pairing with a Ramon Allones Specially Selected (preferrably from '06).......Mmmmmmmmm!

OR, I have a favorite Borsolino that would go well with a Bolivar Petit Corona.:D

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Because I do so outdoors, I prefer to smoke in the summer months. There's not much better than sitting in the sun under a Panama hat with an AVO Domaine on slow burn! :)

apipeguy

One of the Regulars
no particular combo here. any hat and pipe work well!:) Indy, a couple of good smokes in Excalibur and Sosa!

anon`

One Too Many
As far as cigars go, I'm very fond of nice, rich Nicaraguan smokes. Particularly the Padilla Signature 1932 and Tatuaje Havana VI, though the Dominican Republic is fairly well represented as well.

When it comes to hats, my favourite pairing is the hat I happen to be wearing at the time I light up!

Bassman

A-List Customer
I don't look for a particular lid to smoke in.
I like Fuentes, Padrons, Padilla Sig 1932's, Diamond Crown Maximus, Ashton VSG's among others and in the contraband variety I like Ramon Allones Specially Selected, Bolivar Belicoso Finos and Vegas Robaina Famoso and their Don Alejandro (my first Habano).
I should spend less on stogies and put the dough towards a quality fedora.:p

indycop

I'll Lock Up
apipeguy said:
no particular combo here. any hat and pipe work well!:) Indy, a couple of good smokes in Excalibur and Sosa!
I love going to the Sosa shop in downtown Disney and watching the guys roll the cigars! And they all wear Guayaberas and Panama hats. Can't wait to walk in wearing Remembrance!!:D :D

Pymander

New in Town
In this weather, I smoke inside, so I don't wear a hat! But in the summer I have a few Panama hats that I happily wear while puffing away on an Avo No. 3 or No. 5. :cool2:

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Colby Jack said:
...Now I'm hooked on morphine...lol lol lol :p

So which hat... oh, nevermind.

I tend to wear "quiet" hats when I smoke. I smoke
on the front stairs and there's enough crime and
generally sketchy characters around
lately so I don't want to attract attention.
My fave is a 60s Borsalino "Europa", with a narrow
brim, tall crown, and the finest little "Cavanagh" style
edge I've ever seen. Nothing showy about it... unless
someone who knows hats holds it in his hands.

As for the sticks, I've been working through a variety
of offerings from Cigars International lately. Liking the
CAO Italia and Camacho. Not liking Ghurka or Vegas much.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On top of old stogie

When I'm at home I especially enjoy an Ashton VSG robusto or sorceror with a glass of Johnnie Black or one of the Glens when I have time to sit and enjoy the two. Occasionally, we get out of the country to somewhere I can have a Cuban with my scotch. Then I am partial to a Partagas Serie II robusto that I found a couple of years ago. I like to sit inside to smoke a good cigar so that the wind doesn't blow away the aroma so quickly, so I usually don't wear a hat, but I'll have to try it to see if the cigar is better.:)

Dick Tracy

New in Town
As long as I have a lid on and a cigar I'm fine; combo not important. Of course, being a Floridian of Cuban descent, I typically wear a panama, a guayabera shirt, and a stogie. Cigars I enjoy frequently are: Cuba Aliados Regordo and Puros Indios Gordo Double Maduro (my everday cigar), Ashton VSG, Padron '26 Anniversary maduro, to name a few.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy