Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite shaving soaps

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Geo F. Trumper's Extract of Limes.
Also, D.R. Harris Marlborough.
After shaves to match/compliment.
Although after Christmas (simply because everyone is shipping items for another 7 days) I'll order the Sandalwood from D.R. Harris
since I already have the Sandalwood oil aftershave.

DesertDan

One Too Many
I really like Mamabear's 100% natural Lime Oil soap. Which reminds me that I need to order some.
Lately I have been using Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving cream and they have become my favorites.
I also have Poraso Eucalyptus & Menthol soap in regular rotation too.

Workhorse

New in Town
I mix things up with Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap, Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving cream, Dreadnaught shaving cream, Proraso shaving cream and a home made shaving soap that my Mom and sister made. I also have a shaving cream called "Vita" which I believe is from Italy that is similar to Proraso without the strong eucalyptus element. Any of these with my double edged safety razor makes for a fine shave. Much better than the chemical aerosol crap in a can, that's for sure.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I've been using DR Harris. Lathers up nicely. :)
DRH is a great product.
Marlborough with the aftershave to go with it, makes a great combination.
Sandalwood is nice too, especially with the Sandalwood oil aftershave.
I use this one during the winter time, to keep my face from drying out.

cm289

One of the Regulars
Proraso eucalyptus in a tube. I like it because I can dispense with the mug and lather it up right in the palm of my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevew443

One of the Regulars
I have been using Van Der Hagen Luxury soap for longer than I wish to remember. I can find it at the local Wally World for almost nothing and it pairs nicely with my Jagger badger brush. It lathers well, moistens well and does not dry out mid shave.

robrinay

One Too Many
I use l'Occitane shaving soap in a bowl and my (inherited from my wife's grandpa), Old Spice shaving scuttle. I'm not sure I would have bought the soap untested given its high price but it was a present from my sister for my 60th. When it finally runs out I'll get a refill as it provides a luxurious lather.

Siggmund

One of the Regulars
Although I live in the States, my family lived in London for a year back in the '60's and I developed an affinity for Imperial Leather bath soap. Now I buy a case at a time from ebay to satisfy my little decadent urge. When the bath bar gets small I chuck it into the Old Spice shaving mug. Has been working fine for about a year now.

Dirk Wainscotting

A-List Customer
Quite some time back I started buying Arko shave sticks. They are Turkish-made and still have a very traditional foil and paper packaging which seems to have never been updated since the mid-1950s. It lathers very well indeed and has a superior glide, not bad for 1.25 (euros) a pop. Easily matches any of the silly-priced shaving soaps available from Jermyn Street retailers.

STHill

One of the Regulars
Proraso eucalyptus & menthol for me (well actually C.O. Bigelow from Bath and Bodyworks--same product, different packaging). Also occasionally use Arko. My only problem with Arko and other Tallow creams is they tend to stick to my razor. Not a big deal, but makes it a little harder to clean up. They do make for nice shaves, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff