Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Edition {Everything Australian } Akubra Camp Draft 2 5/8s brim

Fulton

New in Town
Thanks gtdean48. This was my first post/question and I got a good reply within 10 minutes. Can't beat that!

Unfortunately sounds like, my size being closer to 7 3/8, I should pass on the 7 1/2. I was hoping that it would run small or be prone to some shrinkage like (from my reading here) Akubras are.

Last edited:

Shaka

New in Town
I have been plagued with the dilemma of how to crease it as well. If only I could have afforded to buy more than one I would not be in this pickle, and I agree with you MCrider what a fun and exciting decision to be stuck with!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Terry, if it was a black one I was looking for, I'd jump on one of these Biltmore Open Roads...they still show one in black in 7 1/2 & 7 5/8
https://www.hats-plus.com/p-1196-biltmore-open-road-hat.aspx

The 7 1/2 is history. They do have a 7 5/8 but I'm afraid it will be too big since it's a new hat. I'm gonna let it go and wait for my Camp Draft to arrive. I got that nice Black Stetson Beaver off of you Tom so that will do for me.

The 7 1/2 is history. They do have a 7 5/8 but I'm afraid it will be too big since it's a new hat. I'm gonna let it go and wait for my Camp Draft to arrive. I got that nice Black Stetson Beaver off of you Tom so that will do for me.

That you do but it ain't an OR style.
What size Campdraft are you getting?
The Biltmore OR is not a big as a 61 Campdraft.
It is more like the 7 5/8 Stetson I sold you but not as round.
I know a possible buyer if you get a black in 7 5/8 & it turns out too big...

ottawa_adam

One of the Regulars
I'm quite excited to be making the important decision as to my hat's crease. Do any of you fine gentlemen have any tips on how to manually bash a new hat?

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I just got off the phone with Hats Plus and they stated "They Do Not" have any 7 1/2 Biltmore Open Roads left. She actually put me on hold and went and checked. I was gonna have them change my 7 5/8 to a 7 1/2 on my order since it had not shipped out yet but no luck. I'm sure the 7 5/8 will be OK with a little folded up paper towel around the sides. That works well for me and it does not cause the sweatband to wrinkle. Newspaper works well too and my Stetson Open Road 25 came with part of a 1963 Texas paper folded up in the Sweat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner