Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feeling Moody and Down? What do you do?

Kim_B

Practically Family
watch a good romantic comedy (IQ, You've Got Mail, and my newest favorite The Holiday)...and my two favorite words - retail therapy. ;)

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
I always pop in a David Suchet Poirot, or check and see if there are any good classic movies on TV, or go out and get a new conditioner or lippie, or call a friend. :rolleyes:

PS

A-List Customer
I ended up doing the movie thing, the bath thing, the crying thing, working on the music thing right now....
Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions! I will keep using all of them until this passes.

$ally

One Too Many
Venting can help, which you just did. Home alone with babies you could probably use a break sometimes too. Not to mention some extra sleep. I remember how great it felt to go to work, not because I wanted escape from being a new Mom, but just for the conversation and change of pace.

olive bleu

One Too Many
I play with our yellow lab. There's nothing that will cheer you up like some good old fashioned face licking and unconditional love.:)

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Miss Brill said:
I did that these past few days. PMS & Thanksgiving do not mix!

add a Cold to that and that's how my weekend went. When it rains......it pours.

I guess it must be the weather because I'm a bit bummed out too. I watched a movie, had a beer (or two) and cried. It seemed to make me feel better by the next day.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
RetroBabydoll said:
add a Cold to that and that's how my weekend went. When it rains......it pours.

I guess it must be the weather because I'm a bit bummed out too. I watched a movie, had a beer (or two) and cried. It seemed to make me feel better by the next day.

I think I've cried maybe 2-3 times in the past 5-6 years. Offhand the only times I can think of is when my father died, and when I started up my truck & my neighbor's baby kitten was in the fan. I just don't have crying in me. [huh]

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kishtu said:
I break things :D

Never underestimate the power of a collection of cheap and nasty crockery that can be taken out back and punted at the wall!

Hope I never get on your bad side!

I like playing with my dog or working out.

VB

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
When I'm feeling moody, I have a drink (or two) and smoke a bunch of cigs, cuddle with my cats, and go to bed early! For me, sleep is the best retreat, and you always feel better in the morning.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
KittyT said:
When I'm feeling moody, I have a drink (or two) and smoke a bunch of cigs, cuddle with my cats, and go to bed early! For me, sleep is the best retreat, and you always feel better in the morning.

This seemed to work for me too...except that feeling in my lungs the next day. (usually this is called a party where I am from lol ) Well, minus the cat.

Elaina

One Too Many
You know, I certainly don't know, and dang it all if I'm not a little down in the dumps with a flu, an ex that's intent on making me unhappy and everything else.

Mostly I've been doing everything I never could do before: shop, sew, meet new people, go do religious things...then I usually meet one of my local fellas and con them into dinner/coffee.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
cry, cry,cry...take it out on everyone...lol... try to figure out why the hey I am feeling like this, read up on my meds...oh side effects grrr....cut back a bit....then try to get people to realize I am no longer moody and they can talk to me again:p

Kim_B

Practically Family
pretty faythe said:
cry, cry,cry...take it out on everyone...lol... try to figure out why the hey I am feeling like this, read up on my meds...oh side effects grrr....cut back a bit....then try to get people to realize I am no longer moody and they can talk to me again:p

Ooh, this sounds like me, without the meds...maybe I should look into that! ;)

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
My absolute bulletproof remedy: Chinese takeaway and a new pair of shoes, preferably impractical sparkly heels. This is a rare one, though, and has to be used at times when I can afford it. ;) I think this time I'll put on some Peggy Lee and drink a cup of coffee with some dark chocolate instead.

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
watch a good romantic comedy (IQ, You've Got Mail, and my newest favorite The Holiday)...and my two favorite words - retail therapy.

(we should be friends)

Also, I CREATE. I make something, write something, scrapbook, make something for a friend, do anything with my hands that requires my concentration, creativity, and know how. It prevents me from feeling like a useless, overfed mess. :p (put a Tom Hanks movie on while doing so) ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner