Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Mar 26, 2019.

1. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

2. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Have a look at Buyee.jp, i have used them many times (probably 30 to 50 times) and never had a problem.
    They bid for you, receive the item in a warehouse in Japan, repack it for international shipping and send it on to you.

3. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Buyee is very easy to use. The cost is reasonable. I've used DHL for shipping as Japan post is not shipping to USA presently. The cost is also reasonable and the shipping time is very fast. I've had no issues. If you wear a 40 or below you can find a great variety of jackets old, new, vintage, used.

JMax and RILO like this.
  4. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead Practically Family

Bought this Lesco Racer. Probably overpaid a little, but it looks real nice and I wanted a deep brown racer. I've heard many of you say good things about it. Thing I'm scratching my head is it's tagged a 48. I had her take pics of every measurement and it's more like a 42:

p2p 22, bottom hem 20, back 25.5

She says it's horse hide, I doubt it. Talon zips, couple loose threads. But hopefully it fits is all I care about.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Kubatu

Kubatu One of the Regulars

As someone who wears smaller than 40, Buyee.jp looks very dangerous for my wallet. There look to be some neat jackets there, and the price is real low.

tmitchell59 and dannyk like this.
  6. Claybertrand

Claybertrand A-List Customer

This is a different and a better design than most Lesco CRs I have seen. I think I have 5 of them......... and none of them have this front and back combo. They never have hide labels so Sellers are always throwing the HORSEHIDE in there without any way to prove or disprove. Its annoying. This one also has an interesting collar snap---its the same one commonly used by Excelled with the Snap Back where you can fold the collar snap back and snap it to itself when not using.

The quality of Lesco's is decent (especially for the money most of the time) but some of the backs are obviously cheap designs with center seams. This one has a nice back on it. Their sizing is sorta all over the place in my opinion. I never really found one that fit the way I wanted it to. But that's sorta my thing with CRs---I like them to be not so snug. I have a 46 that I swear is a 40!!!! I think I have a 48 and a 50 and they fit bigger but not like a 48 or 50 would really fit. I have a 44 that is like a 42..... like I said, all over the place.

I was all in on Lescos and Fidelity CRs when I first got into this hobby/sport/addiction and have several of each. I need to list a few.......(I must have typed that 50 times in the last couple of years:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

7. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

thanks for info, Clay. Yeah I'm watching a cross zip that I think I can get for closer to $100 and that's a 44 but sized like a 40. If I get that one, then I'm seriously done LOL. That'll be a bakers dozen and now that I got more jackets than months, especially living in Los Angeles, it's getting to be overkill. I keep saying though, well my 2 boys are almost big enough to start wearing this stuff, so that's my only redemption.

8. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

dannyk and Jin431 like this.
  9. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Seller is a broski here. Great dude. @John D Maccarter

I’m tempted but own a few already. This one looks very nice. If you want an awesome Cal LAPD, this is it.

Marc mndt, dannyk and Kalmer like this.
  10. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

It's a little big for me, otherwise I would jump on it.

11. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Ditto about John. Jump on this deal if you need a Cal, particularly since there is one unlabelled in TFL Classifieds for more than 2x the price.

AeroFan_07 and JMax like this.
  12. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Check out John's other items on eBay. There is a LW vest for $100 or offer, @Monitor.

13. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

14. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

15. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Just saw another listing for one of his jackets. It's actually from him. Guess he recently retired but has some newer stock he's selling off on ebay. Some of the classics look real nice. The sizing is weird though. Really wide shoulders. Like 20 shoulder 22 p2p kind of thing.

16. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

regius likes this.
  17. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Wow!
    This Herc went for $3300...
    4F359E9B-5465-4E65-B7B3-638A2077227A.jpeg

18. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

No thought it would go that high. I've only seen a few sell. I believe this is the highest i've seen for this model. Of all the vintage jackets this is not my favorite. I got one in much less condition, but around the same size. They are quite delicate in their build, surprised some survive in this excellent condition.

AeroFan_07 and Claybertrand like this.
  19. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up