Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Schambach

Practically Family
Vanson Comet, $180 BIN. Says 44, but 21" pit to pit seems odd for that size, no?
s-l1600.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Se...194592?hash=item5dc02df020:g:LPUAAOSwYB1gCvB0

Interesting Herc-------external cuff adjusters are usually found on earlier vintages. Should be some interest in this....

Yes, cuff straps on this jacket from 1958 are unusual. Has the look of a jacket from 1948! The front pocket style is a bit out of date too. Note the interesting back design. Reminds me of a Monarch made jacket. I had never seen this model until I bought one, mine is a size 44 and may be going up for sale.

32101_B018034-00605 (1).jpg

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Do this run slim? Long?

I wish they had a size charts or seller included measurements.

In my experience these are verging on a shorty jacket. That's the "WW2 Fighter pilot style" of course
I have had several over the years starting in 1990.
I have "worn to death" almost 2 of them ( long story previously told on the lounge !)
Here are photos of me in my 44" Eastman Luftwaffe taken last West Aussie "winter". A relatively "warm" jacket here.
Stock off the rack with no "custom tweaking" like you get with Aero etc. This one bought "barely" used but perfect !

Eastman Luftwaffe at Rockingham 1.jpg

Eastman Luftwaffe at Mullaloo.jpg

Eastman Luftwaffe at Eden Beach.jpg

willyto

One Too Many

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Thanks. Short arms and length! I definitely won’t risk it.

I think the extra wide shoulder offsets the short sleeve length but I don't like the relaxed look of the shoulder seams that goes over the shoulders. You can order a Long version of this which will add 1" to both the sleeves/back length.

For tall people it's short but it's too long for me to look right lol

Wow! I just checked the measurements. That is one long jacket for the style...

I hate that they do that. Same with the Hartman.

I really wanted one because the pattern looks cool so I reached out to the USA stockist and they told me they don't offer short versions anymore just the regular and long version. That's why I'm having one made inspired by this jacket instead.

Doesn't Eastman make jackets that are intended for the American market longer? I think I've read that somewhere?

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...tory-preservation-associates-exclusive.82009/

I'll read this, I didn't read this thread yet. Thanks

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
@Jin431 there are some really cool features on the original 40s jackets that you might consider for yours...
View attachment 303748
View attachment 303747

I really like that big side adjusters design, feels much more robust. And the offset placement of the front closure looks cool. I think I prefer the lower placement of the chest pocket and to have hidden zipper teeth. Really like this jacket in brown so I think I'm picking the right leather for it. Thank you

Yamahana

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points