Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

JurassicUtility

One of the Regulars
that patina is looking so fake, i couldnt wear it
Yeah, sort of looks like someone spent several hours artfully removing finish with sandpaper. All the wear is pretty even in appearance - no signs of deeper scratches and damage - and it's a little too clean looking. I think it still looks pretty good and 99% of people would look at that and think "nice patina".

Last edited:
Rare Field & Stream Goat

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1930s...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

A49C9E6E-68BF-422B-AC74-69A38BDFBA5C.jpeg

The lower arm construction on this jacket is very interresting, i have never seen that!
Do you know anything about this brand?

I looked at the tag, it’s San Diego leather not Just Leather, who is in NorCal. They did seem to produce similar level jackets, hence my confusion. Pretty sure both are 70s makers. Bates competitors? Good stuff. I tend to like the Just leather stuff better imo, the older stuff. Hide can be thicker looking and a bit glossier finishes.

Awesome. Too bad it has the knitted hem in the back. That's kind of weird for the style.
Yeah, I think that was done as an alteration. The Blue knit looks totally odd. I’d try and replace that with a leather waist band. Maybe all the way around so it makes sense.

Another double post. Is this fixable? I have to post and then delete what I just posted from the input box to post something else. Or it will post again.

Wildhorses

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider