Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Brown Cal though. May be worth a trip to Dena or JL.

It's the first straight zip brown Cal I've seen, anyway, but the zipper replacement is just...so bad. Whether it was DIY-happy owner or a "professional" job, I can't understand how someone can totally miss the mark. Not only to place the zipper in the wrong place, but in the process, sew shut the correct location.

The zipper is an older Talon, which is also confusing. Did they care enough about authentic zippers, only to have no idea how to actually attach it?

As far as I know, the measurements are correct. Largest chest size I've seen on a Cal, though.

I found and purchased a brown straight zip Cal a few years back. Etsy. The seller told me a few days later he could not find the jacket in his storage unit or his shop. I was bummed. I haven’t seen another one until this one.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Really clean design on this Taubers Half Belt. You don't see Taubers HBs very often AT ALL. I think this is only the second I have ever seen. The Seller is accepting offers and I would try to acquire it were it not for the tragically short back length. Its also a bit wide in the chest for me. But its not a tiny jacket so someone can maybe make it work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154561333326?hash=item23fc92c84e:g:aDUAAOSwRkhgk0RG

s-l1600.jpg
If I had not just minutes ago purchased a jacket from TFL classifies I would have put in a good offer

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Buco find and deal I think........ Not sure if this is one of the later cheapos but I think its legit. If so, someone should grab it fast before a bid goes in. Small size.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184988981644?hash=item2b1233d98c:g:0F0AAOSw9olhBwrN

s-l500.jpg
Looks like a standard 60s J-100 once the band got sold the label changed I on my 2nd Buco J-100 I like the jackets I think this is a fair price most sellers are dreaming with their asking, although after months I sold my 46 for $1,000 and purchased my 44 cream earlier 1960 J-100 on TFL for $950.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I'm pretty sure they didn't have the Schott Snaps in the 60s. Probably more like early 80s........ Still a cool jacket. And an interesting site.

Quite possible! Some of the details of the design to me suggest an earlier jacket. I was just going off the word of the website. Yes, this is a new (website) to me too.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I love these ELMCs from the front, but not a fan of the Californian from the back. A little too rigid and square feeling for me. Never been a fan of the action back. Took me a while to even come around to some tight shoulder gussets. But this looks like a good deal, especially if you can knock off a few more bucks. I think I'm a 42 anyway, so may have dodged a bullet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails