Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No deal nice perfecto style Pennys size 44

s-l1600.jpg

willyto

One Too Many
The seller is dinnerman who use to post here. He now travels the country sourcing vintage clothing and selling.

He is a wealth of information on all things leather. He joined with Dave Himel on an early leather jacket blog. He has turned over some impressive jackets. I don't know that he blogs or otherwise interacts on the net. An interesting guy.
He’s still active on Instagram and Facebook. He posts on the Facebook group VINTAGE WORKWEAR (Pre-1960s) and has his own Brick&Mortar shop now: https://m.facebook.com/vintagehaberdashers/

^^
50 quid is starting bid, but definitely worth watching.

Oh, right. Didn't see but either way, I don't think it'll go for much. These shearling coats that aren't any major brand usually sell for peanuts and this one is particularly nice. Lol, coincidentaly, it seems to be the closest match to the "bomber" jacket Tom Hardy's wearing on that photo that every eBay seller is using to sell their crappy fake.

That single panel back is impressive.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
These are supposedly very low quality jackets. I haven't handled one but heard by many people they're best avoided at any price.

100% agree. I had one, flipped it as soon as I could. Thin, light, flimsy cowhide on these. Awful, really. Stay away! For good HD racer look to black one-pocket horsehide or steerhide versions. Too bad there is no good brown version, but that's life.

Thanks-I just happened to spot it as an off-shoot of looking at something else.I probably associated "Sixties" as being of reasonable quality.

The HD Sportster and the one that came after the jacket in the link you posted are all good quality pieces, the latter one being made by Brooks but it's just that I heard many times this particular one sucks. It looks nice, I even like the seam extending over the pockets thing but the quality is apparently abysmal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ