Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fit comparison?_ Aero Teamster, Maxwell, 1920's Work Coat?

theeggcarton

One of the Regulars
Anyone have any experience with all three of these? Or with the Teamster compared to the Maxwell ... or Teamster compared to the 1920's Work Coat?
I believe I read a thread where Fanch mentioned the Teamster was the jacket that felt most "right" on him.

Already planning a third Aero and the Teamster was the jacket I was originally going to get before the Work Coat or Maxwell...but somehow changed course last-minute (and I am thrilled with BOTH of these purchases). Leaning heavily towards the Teamster in black Vicenza.
Just interested in any feedback on how these jackets compare in "fit".

Thanks in advance!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I have two of the three - Maxwell in black goatskin lined in cotton drill throughout, and Teamster in brown FQHH lined with moleskin body shell and cotton drill sleeves. Both are size 42.

TEAMSTER
P2P - 24.5"
Shoulder - 19.5"
Back - 28.5"

MAXWELL
P2P - 24"
Shoulder - 19"
Back - 26.5"

The Maxwell is a more snug fit than the Teamster; so the Teamster allows me to layer a Filson vest underneath, whereas I feel like a Michelin Man if I wear a vest underneath the Maxwell. Both fit me well. However, the problem with comparing my Maxwell and Teamster is not only different pattern designs but also different skins and body shell linings; so one is really comparing apples and oranges here. One is worn in cool weather and the other in colder weather, with or without rain.

Since you have a 1920's Work Coat that has somewhat the same functionality as a Teamster, might you consider a Sheene instead? Close your eyes and imagine a russet or seal Vicenza Sheene with olive cotton drill lining throughout - a very cool look and fit. Motorcycle not even required. :D

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I love all three of these designs. I too have been thinking of the Maxwell after a long period where the Teamster was my number 1. It looks quite a bit more refined, and classical....both have their place, both are lovely. I would be interested in this comparison aswell. I think WDW might also have either 2/3 or the full house?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think wdw well might have experience with all three, but suspect we'll not hear from him until tomorrow as it is almost 2 AM where he is. Only Sloan will be up at this hour. :D

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Do they not have wild pubs full of morally bankrupt woman over there? 2am is when it gets interesting over here...;)

theeggcarton

One of the Regulars
Thanks Fanch....for all the details and insight.
Indeed a Sheene as you described would be gorgeous...it was (and stills is) at the top of my "next jacket" list as well...
I have plenty of time to mull it all over and am quite sure I will go back-n-forth several times before I have the funds to pull the trigger.
I fear I have already strayed from the "one great leather jacket" fold....but don't want to stray TOO far!

wdw

One Too Many
Like Fanch says, I had the Teamster, stupidly traded it in after a while, but now have the Maxwell and Work Coat. All were/are FQHH.

I always think of the Maxwell and Teamster as being very similar, but the Maxwell is just shorter with a simpler back. If I had to save just one in a fire, it would be the Maxwell, but it would be a hard choice.

For me, the neater back, shorter length and chest pocket just edges it, but that's all a matter of personal preference and what other jackets you have to complement these styles.

Between the Teamster and Work Coat, I'd take the Teamster for the nicer shape given by the side cinches and the fact that it's a more generous cut, meaning more flexible. But the pockets on the WC are much more useful than the other two.

Mr. eggman, if you have any specific queries let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24