Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I will admit, I am wondering if they can do a convincing Coastal Command Irvin too.

At the moment he will probably only be able to make a CC like jacket. Because he doesn't have the right shearling yet.

Reactions: Zoo

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I hate to think about this back and forth until the final order ;)

The following details for my new jacket:
The front, sleeves, collar and waistband like here,
View attachment 267394

but with the pockets from this one.
View attachment 267395

Back like this one
View attachment 267393

Straps to tighten at waist level.

So far I thought buttons were fine.
But maybe a zipper is cooler after all?
Or is that too much D-1 optics?
So, you are asked. Zipper or buttons?

Wow, it's all coming together. This is going to be a good one

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I vote for buttons.

Along those lines, btw, someone had asked about Cossack with zipper closure. I found this on their FB page. I think I prefer buttons here as well. Loses the charm of the jacket with the zipper. Just my tastes though:

106987509_582528622622728_3327045162301578610_o.jpg

117554426_582528615956062_1749787467653529554_o.jpg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I hate to think about this back and forth until the final order ;)

The following details for my new jacket:
The front, sleeves, collar and waistband like here,
View attachment 267394

but with the pockets from this one.
View attachment 267395

Back like this one
View attachment 267393

Straps to tighten at waist level.

So far I thought buttons were fine.
But maybe a zipper is cooler after all?
Or is that too much D-1 optics?
So, you are asked. Zipper or buttons?

TWIST BUTTONS!
Seriously, the toggle buttons you posted above are the coolest thing ever.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I’ve got one of these in mind next. The bottom one is my favorite. Very high degree of difficulty. Feel like I should test the HB pattern with something a bit more simple first.
View attachment 267714 View attachment 267715 View attachment 267716
Thanks to Terry for the images!
The Alaskan should be doable right? Looks to me like the least intricate design. How do those pockets work? Are the flaps functional? Or are they for show and are the pocket open from the top?

The Alaskan should be doable right? Looks to me like the least intricate design. How do those pockets work? Are the flaps functional? Or are they for show and are the pocket open from the top?
Those pockets are decorative...they open from the top only. I've been digging and I think I've found just the one.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
that goat looking good. I'm leaning more and more towards a cafe racer style with the premium goat, but I want to get more natural color. I'm going to ask for a leather sample of the semi veg tanned aniline and see how it looks. Might add some oil and/or waxes to it to see if I can replicate a CXL kind of waxy look

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
^^ yes the premium goat is nice, ask for the 1.2mm thick/heavy gain hide. My jacket has uneven thickness in panels as I didn't specify it.

Wow, I'm interested to see how a cafe racer made by them will look. Please share how you do the addition of oil/wax to your jacket, that will be cool

My 5* landed today. I was happy to see the bag it was shipped in wasn’t ripped to bits!! Honestly that’s my only gripe, but I’m sure that translates to more economical shipping and it arrived a full five days ahead of its scheduled due date.
I’m honestly incredibly impressed with the quality. I set the bar exceedingly low expectation wise. I’ve seen the examples here that looked great but was extremely skeptical. The hide is actually marvelous. It’s thicker than I thought and has decent heft, even a bit stiff. I actually had a helluva time getting the button cuffs undone. Overall the construction is outstanding. Stitching is error free except for the area around the rivets by the front zip (not 100% congruent).
Fit is good. If I could do it over again I would take another 1” out of the elbow area. Not terribly baggy sleeves but that would help the overall look. The neck hole could be smaller as well. This jacket is tagged a 46” so I assume it’s built on that platform. I will ask he build the HB on the 44” platform. I can’t fault Shawn for anything related to size, I gave him all my numbers and he delivered them on the money. I will make some tweaks to the vintage HB sizing and get my butt right back in his remarkably speedy production queue. Some fresh out of the bag pics:
2D4F01AD-B5A2-4118-9A3D-198983AE9D2A.jpeg
82C046F2-00B4-4EC4-8BDC-80B028C1D995.jpeg
D5FA7E2F-20E3-4623-8110-FA4737EEFDB7.jpeg
6EE02353-9D45-4E02-9E25-75D8C21D8D7D.jpeg

Attachments

• 59D3DD4B-A16A-4146-AD22-64CFAEE5D19B.jpeg
    59D3DD4B-A16A-4146-AD22-64CFAEE5D19B.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 464
  • 13375168-E601-4D58-B05E-D7861560CA3D.jpeg
    13375168-E601-4D58-B05E-D7861560CA3D.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 476
  • 6A176AF1-98B8-457B-B96F-0FA6BDA4920C.jpeg
    6A176AF1-98B8-457B-B96F-0FA6BDA4920C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 452

Bahabp100

Practically Family
My 5* landed today. I was happy to see the bag it was shipped in wasn’t ripped to bits!! Honestly that’s my only gripe, but I’m sure that translates to more economical shipping and it arrived a full five days ahead of its scheduled due date.
I’m honestly incredibly impressed with the quality. I set the bar exceedingly low expectation wise. I’ve seen the examples here that looked great but was extremely skeptical. The hide is actually marvelous. It’s thicker than I thought and has decent heft, even a bit stiff. I actually had a helluva time getting the button cuffs undone. Overall the construction is outstanding. Stitching is error free except for the area around the rivets by the front zip (not 100% congruent).
Fit is good. If I could do it over again I would take another 1” out of the elbow area. Not terribly baggy sleeves but that would help the overall look. The neck hole could be smaller as well. This jacket is tagged a 46” so I assume it’s built on that platform. I will ask he build the HB on the 44” platform. I can’t fault Shawn for anything related to size, I gave him all my numbers and he delivered them on the money. I will make some tweaks to the vintage HB sizing and get my butt right back in his remarkably speedy production queue. Some fresh out of the bag pics:
View attachment 268365 View attachment 268366 View attachment 268367 View attachment 268368
Very nice example of 5* work and value

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 268365 View attachment 268366 View attachment 268367 View attachment 268368

good looking jacket. I think it will be better with wear.
Does it is steerhide?
Today I send the requirements and measurements to shawn for my new shearling "Frankenstein"

good looking jacket. I think it will be better with wear.
Does it is steerhide?
Today I send the requirements and measurements to shawn for my new shearling "Frankenstein"
I actually am not sure. I think it is but I just asked for heaviest/thickest in seal brown. Looking forward to your shearling!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner