Five Star Leather Jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead, Sep 23, 2020.

1. abone2010

abone2010 One of the Regulars

Is it posted in here somewhere?

2. Bahabp100

Bahabp100 A-List Customer

These are from Five Star’s FB / not my jacket or pictures. I think the D pocket looks good. The other one is based on a Beck B94AC725-0675-4E43-8790-AD73927C219E.jpeg C8F3DC61-B206-4D86-858A-D3618389751C.png 79D1517D-E073-46AC-9A5A-96D0D1046644.jpeg

3. abone2010

abone2010 One of the Regulars

Thanks fellas!

4. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

Horween CXL natural, I got this swatch from JL about a year ago.
    Probably due to the natural color, the scratch can be easily buff out.
    Before:
    PXL_20210503_013056236~2.jpg
    After:
    PXL_20210503_013452581.jpg

roadking04, Robbie79, dannyk and 2 others like this.
  5. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Mandarin, Robbie79, navetsea and 3 others like this.
  6. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

They look like coats.

7. Riu

Riu Practically Family

I'm excited about this, just got pictures of the jacket and cannot wait to get it! They've done a great job, I'm very happy with the outcome, just need to see how it fits :)

f4.jpg f1.jpg f2.jpg

Fonzie, Hobbes1, PilotJens and 12 others like this.
  8. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Really nice. Goatskin or did you source hide for your jacket? Y'2 also offers this style which I really like! Can't wait to see fit pics.

Riu likes this.
  9. Riu

Riu Practically Family

Thank you Robbie! I've started from a RGT design then I saw a Y'2 picture posted by @Marc mndt and I thought the pocket design is similar to what I wanted and looks great.

Initially, the design was without the bottom seam like on the Y'2 jacket but I wasn't happy and I wanted a bit more weight added while still maintaining a minimalist look so I went for french seams front&back and I'm happy I did as it doesn't feel too heavy like this.

The goatskin is from Shawn, I thought about providing a hide but I'll leave that for later.

I just got some fit pics from Shawn and I cannot wait to try it!

f5.jpg f6.jpg f7.jpg

torfjord, antoine p, Zoo and 8 others like this.
  10. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

Stunning, looks even better than your first post. I forgot the RGT jackets do have similar pockets, even my Supply jacket (with buttons) has similar one. I love you jacket!! I hope you'll receive it soon! Sooner or later I'll give 5Star a try.

Riu likes this.
  11. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

what a beauty!!!!!

Riu likes this.
  12. Riu

Riu Practically Family

I love to see how nice it came out looking at the fit pics! I thought about having it made with buttons but something just didn't feel right. With the zipper I had more room for the pocket design. I think there is a very good opportunity to explore with 5*, and if you provide the leather it's even better.

Thank you, now just gotta wait patiently to get it. I hope I got everything right on the measurements :)

Zoo, MrProper and Hh121 like this.
  13. Berto

Berto One of the Regulars

5* is starting to post HD videos of their products and fit.

These guys are getting as a serious contender in the market.

They are doing really well.

Riu likes this.
  14. Riu

Riu Practically Family

I saw the video, they're up to something good if they keep this up and I don't see why wouldn't they.

15. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

congrats!, great looking jacket and the fit demo looks perfect!

Riu likes this.
  16. Riu

Riu Practically Family

Thank you! I hope it will fit at least as good as it fits him otherwise I'm going to have to give the jacket to that guy :D

navetsea likes this.
  17. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

That looks very nice, i really like the pocket design and the piping.
    Just one detail bothers me, i don't understand why they keep making that stitch line at elbow height?
    It should be 4" higher just bellow the armpit. Maybe it's just me being too picky, but it bothers me.

[​IMG]

Also, someone should tell them not to fold the jackets vertically, it seems a lot of their jackets have a big crease running down the middle of the back.

18. Riu

Riu Practically Family

I like the piping too, I went through a few samples until I got the right height on it as I didn't want to stick out too much. I thought that seam will be higher as I did make a note of that in my instructions. I think it's a bit higher than before but definitely not like in the reference picture.

They go up to a certain level with those instructions. Maybe that's how they're used to build their patterns. I have insisted on the pocket design and Shawn went into remaking the front as I wasn't happy. I wanted a bit more tapering and from the measurements, it's all good but there are a few details that I wish I could push a bit more on without being too annoying :)

Not sure how they keep the leather as I've noticed that crease when he first showed me the back but since you've mentioned other jackets have the same crease must be something.

Nevertheless, I am thrilled to see how it came out and I'm just hoping it will be a good fit when I get it.

Marc mndt and Carlos840 like this.
  19. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

I think they must fold them lengthwise, a bit like you would fold a suite.

[​IMG]

You have received jackets from them, how are they packed in the shipping parcels?
    Lengthwise, or do they fold the arms across the top of the chest and then fold the bottom of the jacket above the arms similarly to this?

[​IMG]
    (image from @navetsea)

navetsea and Riu like this.