Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Five Star Leather Jackets

Riu

Practically Family
I think they must fold them lengthwise, a bit like you would fold a suite.

LSOxuAO.png

You have received jackets from them, how are they packed in the shipping parcels?
Lengthwise, or do they fold the arms across the top of the chest and then fold the bottom of the jacket above the arms similarly to this?

zQ8z67W.jpg

(image from @navetsea)

That's very informational. My Cafe Racer was packet like the jacket in those images. I'm not sure where the crease is coming from, maybe when they shipped or stored the leather? These were the first images with the back.

1.jpg
6.jpg

Last edited:

PilotJens

A-List Customer
The line on the back of the goat is normal .Goat skin has a very visible line across the back/spine. You can try to cut around it or do the most artistically pleasing thing by putting it in the center . Normally you can use it for the zipper "piping" on the front .The upside is a very even hide temper and symmetrical strengh across the back panel so you have a very comfortable easie wearing jacket

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
Thank you Robbie! I've started from a RGT design then I saw a Y'2 picture posted by @Marc mndt and I thought the pocket design is similar to what I wanted and looks great.

Initially, the design was without the bottom seam like on the Y'2 jacket but I wasn't happy and I wanted a bit more weight added while still maintaining a minimalist look so I went for french seams front&back and I'm happy I did as it doesn't feel too heavy like this.

The goatskin is from Shawn, I thought about providing a hide but I'll leave that for later.

I just got some fit pics from Shawn and I cannot wait to try it!

View attachment 332044 View attachment 332045 View attachment 332046

That looks great. I hope it fits you the way you want. Well done!

Reactions: Riu

Riu

Practically Family
Why are there sizes so big?
In an A2 i’m a xxxs.

Shawn mentioned something about xxxs I think when I spoke to him about the CR. No idea about their size chart though, I'm a 38 and as long as the measurements are fine I'm not bothered :)

Wardo1974

A-List Customer
Me too. Until now none of their leather options appealed to me. I think this leather looks great, it's just that it will be thick and heavy. Shawn said a 3kg jacket.

Riu

Practically Family
Yeah, that dark brown looks fantastic. Might be a bit too thick for my taste but I'm curious how it will look, especially after some wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy