Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Food network, anyone?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ lol

I used to like Sandra Lee, believe it or not. I feel for the way she grew up, and totally understand why she cooks the way she does (semi-homemade). Some of the things she makes aren't bad at all, but the "tablescapes" and mocktails go over the top. Also I don't understand the reasoning behind buying frozen chopped onions when a real onion is so darn cheap! I don't have a problem with canned ingredients, but some of her shortcuts, I'm just like, "WHY?"

Feraud

Bartender
I don't consider myself uptight, I just don't like his attitude. If you don't have anything nice to say, and all that. Present company & this thread excluded of course. lol
Maybe it's that New York attitude? I was born and raised in Queens, N.Y. and have to be in the mood for his shtick. :D

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ Maybe. I just don't like the public badmouthing of other celebs/chefs/whatever. I'm not saying I don't agree with some of what he says, I just don't see the point of announcing it to the world. It is rude.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Alton Brown, from Good Eats is on a book signing tour. Today he was in Oklahoma City, where I took a picture with him. The minute I spoke with him was worth the traffic and the line I had to go through.

So, what was Alton like? He seems like he'd be a really nice, down to earth guy.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm addicted to 'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives'

Hi Tom, me too. I figured that if you watched Diner's etc once you'd be hooked. I look up his website before I travel to see where to go eat. I use that and Food Paradise. That got me to Pink's Hot Dog Stand in Hollywood and to a famous (But I can't remember the name) deli close to Warner Brothers.

I also like Man VS Food, but I dislike watching Adam make a big deal out of everything. Man vs Food ate at three decently famous places in Springfield IL, and I've been to all three. Cozy Dog is the least expensive and in some ways the best. Corn dogs are their specialty.

If you like to get cheesed and starched to death, D'Arcy's Pint is a good place to get a horseshoe (open faced sandwich, covered in fries, then completely covered in cheese whiz). I used to like those when I was in Junior High, but I don't like the starch anymore. No health reason, but I don't like eating a half pound of fries with a pound of cheese for some reason.

The Den Chili has various grades of hot chili, it's greasy as heck, and personally I like Steak and Shake's chili better. I may go back and get a chili burger and chili cheese fries though. Being able to order hot chili cheese fries instead of just plain chili cheese fries might be a good deal.

I love watching Giada cause she's cute. I don't like Italian food that well, and couldn't care less what's in the recipes.

*SeaStar*

New in Town
I used to watch nothing but the food network till I discovered the Cooking Channel.
I actually like Giada and Ina Garten, I have a couple of their cookbooks and found great recipes there.
My kids are hooked on Chopped! They place bets on the winner beforehand :)
As a baker I really like to watch the Food Network Cake Challenges, just to see how in the world they pull off some of the stuff they make!
Anyone catch "Bitchin' Kitchen" on the cooking channel?

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
^^^^^^^^^^^
I haven't thought about Graham Kerr in years. That reminds me I have one of his cookbooks, it's rubbish!
6281295640_662ea72d70.jpg

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
So, what was Alton like? He seems like he'd be a really nice, down to earth guy.

He seemed like a great guy! Honestly, I was at a loss for words. This was the first time it has ever happened to me. He did make a joke about a sticker of a bear on what I had him sign. Here's what he said "so what's with the sticker of the teddy bear?", "is there anything wrong with teddy bears?" "Not at all, I have four (said with a look that said touche)".

DNO

One Too Many
I used to love Alton Brown's Good Eats, as well as Tyler Florence but Food Network Canada doesn't show them anymore. Basically it has devolved into a competition channel...Dinner Party Wars, Cup Cake Wars, Canada's next chef...what a load of junk...yawn. I just don't bother watching it anymore. (Well, DDD once in a while...but that's it!)

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
Chopped is the only show I watch on it. I get extremely absorbed into it. I'm sure it would be amusing to watch me watch it.

rue

I used to love Alton Brown's Good Eats, as well as Tyler Florence but Food Network Canada doesn't show them anymore. Basically it has devolved into a competition channel...Dinner Party Wars, Cup Cake Wars, Canada's next chef...what a load of junk...yawn. I just don't bother watching it anymore. (Well, DDD once in a while...but that's it!)

DDD?

Chopped is the only show I watch on it. I get extremely absorbed into it. I'm sure it would be amusing to watch me watch it.

Can you film that please? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael