Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forgot my hat...

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
For the first time in at least 6 years I left my house today without a hat or cap. I didn't realize it until I was about 15 miles from home, stopping for breakfast and reached for a hat that wasn't there. :eusa_doh:

It feels weird. :eeek:

Cheers,
Tom

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
About a month ago I picked up a friend of mine on my way to a restaurant. I had taken me hat off and hung in on a hook that is tied to the back of the passenger seat (I got the idea from seeing the one Ordinary Guy uses). My buddy said "Man, you look bald headed, without a hat on your head."

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
It's funny how quickly a hat becomes a habit...

Well, the truth is that I'd worn a uniform cap almost daily for 25 years before that, so it is rather ingrained.

Did you get a picture of this unspeakable event? If so, you could post it here:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?62070-Hatless&highlight=hatless

No, but I'll snap one with the iPhone when I go back out to my car. :)

Pants I could understand, but your hat?

I know, I know... I found it difficult to believe, myself!!!

Cheers,
Tom

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's funny, I forgot mine this morning, too. I never walk out the door without something, and I was already halfway to work when I realized I had nothing to block the sun from my eyes.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
A few days ago it was way too hot for anything but a Panama (which I don´t have anymore since I soaked my last one :( ) and so I left the house without a hat/cap.

What can I say - I felt naked..... :eeek: Now that people are used to see me with a hat or cap all the time and have stopped making jokes about it they start asking where my hat is
when I show up without one. :eusa_doh:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I now have a job with my company with the Safety Department.
I have to wear a hardhat....
I got myself a Stetson Terrill to wear from the truck to the office.
So far I have forgotten to take off the Stetson 3 times!

Hi

You'll have to find a 1940's style WW2 aircraft plant hard hat to wear. Someone still makes aluminum ones, that are coated to be electrically safe. When I started working aircraft, several of the old timers wore aluminum hats in the shop. Gotta go vintage.

http://www.tasco-safety.com/hhats/aluminum-metal-hard-hats.html

Later

Last edited:

DavidJ

One of the Regulars
I left home without one the other day. It was too hot to wear one, and I misplaced my panama. I missed it dearly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo