Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fragrance match??

Etienne

A-List Customer
Does anyone know of a company that can duplicate a discontinued fragrance (much like the thread that mentioned the company that can do this for lipsticks)? And do you know if the fragrance they copy must be "fresh"? I have an old bottle of a discontinued fragrance that has some perfume still in it, but it has definitely turned. Could a chemist still figure out what was in it? Any help would be greatly apppreciated!

Tourbillion

Practically Family
There was a company that was making replicas of some old perfumes, but I don't think they took commissions. They're called Long Lost Perfumes, not sure if they still do it though.

A good perfume chemist could probably figure out what was in your perfume, but what is it called? It might be easier to find a decent bottle of the stuff on ebay or something. Still, unless is were popular the cost would probably be prohibitive.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
i would try the Vermont Country Store. if they don't carry it, they may be able to find it for you. give them a try!

Etienne

A-List Customer
Tourbillion said:
There was a company that was making replicas of some old perfumes, but I don't think they took commissions. They're called Long Lost Perfumes, not sure if they still do it though.

A good perfume chemist could probably figure out what was in your perfume, but what is it called? It might be easier to find a decent bottle of the stuff on ebay or something. Still, unless is were popular the cost would probably be prohibitive.

It was called "Via" by Lanvin. It came out around 1973 or so. I bought several bottles of it and it was incredible. Then it disappeared off the shelves and I couldn't find it anywhere. Around 1983 I bought some in Paris, and was told it was coming again to the U.S. Sadly, it never did. I read somewhere that Charles Revson Co. bought Lanvin somewhere in that period and the scent was discontinued. I have a tiny little bottle I bought on eBay as a memory of it, but it has really "turned". I would spend quite a bit of $$ to have a bottle of it again!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip; I will look into it!!

I will also try Vermont C.S., though it is doubtful....but I do appreciate the feedback, Kitty T.!!

Etienne

A-List Customer
KittyT said:

YES!!!!!!!! I found that last night (AND the one from 1st Perfume, Texasgirl!) and I was overjoyed!!! I sent a fax to them asking a few questions about it and am awaiting their answer. My husband is out of the country and he called today, and I said, "You are seriously NOT going to believe what I found!" And he said, "Let me guess...you've located Via perfume?" Good grief, talk about taking the wind out of my sails! I haven't mentioned that fragrance for at least 15 years!!! But the best news is, he said to buy it! WooHoo!

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Etienne said:
YES!!!!!!!! I found that last night (AND the one from 1st Perfume, Texasgirl!) and I was overjoyed!!! I sent a fax to them asking a few questions about it and am awaiting their answer. My husband is out of the country and he called today, and I said, "You are seriously NOT going to believe what I found!" And he said, "Let me guess...you've located Via perfume?" Good grief, talk about taking the wind out of my sails! I haven't mentioned that fragrance for at least 15 years!!! But the best news is, he said to buy it! WooHoo!

Oh those kookie husbands.. they surprise you when you least expect it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic