Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frank Buchanan

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Surely, someone here is an aviation buff and knows the name??

I have his personal scrapbook :)
Tons of pictures, letters of reference, the telegram he received to let him know his father had died etc...

/just saying

Foofoogal

Banned
You sound like me. I have been searching for a woman from Waco Texas forever. I found her Bridal book from the 1930s that has everything and I mean everything in it. Even a birth certificate.
At my cost I have run into walls. I may just show this thing here.

Foofoogal

Banned
Where was he from? Try the Genweb board and go to the state. They all have a forum for family names.

This is the hardest thing for us history nuts I think. We hold vintage like treasures. Others discard like trash.

I bought the book for $5.00 at a flea market among a junk table in the pouring down rain when everyone was closing up.
I was stunned and still am I found it.

War letters from her husband who was a pretty high ranking guy and came home and became a policeman.
Cards galore and silk hankie and photos. I could break this thing up and make at least $100. to $150. I refuse to. It is like she has entrusted me with it.
It is so sweet with records of first home and car down to wallpaper pieces etc.

Foofoogal

Banned
Very interesting. I completely understand. Possibly someone will see this.
I wonder if you can put it on main board here under aviation? or Display case?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff