Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

From Akubra to Josey Wales

Fedster

Familiar Face
Hi All,

I quite fancy bashing a hat in a somewhat Josey Wales shape (light colour, flattish brim, kettle curl, mid crown). My natural inclination would be to get an Akubra and rebash it, but I am not sure which one to start with. In addition if at all possible I'd go for for a Heritage quality fur . Any suggestions of which Akubra would be the better starting point for this project?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Hi All,

I quite fancy bashing a hat in a somewhat Josey Wales shape (light colour, flattish brim, kettle curl, mid crown). My natural inclination would be to get an Akubra and rebash it, but I am not sure which one to start with. In addition if at all possible I'd go for for a Heritage quality fur . Any suggestions of which Akubra would be the better starting point for this project?
Just finished watching that movie again. Akubra Sombrero would be a good one to work with. It has the Kettle Curl. Just a little tweaking to the brim to flatten it out some and reshaping the crown would bring it real close to Eastwood's Josey Wales hat...

Sombrero.jpg

image.jpg

Just finished watching that movie again. Akubra Sombrero would be a good one to work with. It has the Kettle Curl. Just a little tweaking to the brim to flatten it out some and reshaping the crown would bring it real close to Eastwood's Josey Wales hat...

Sombrero.jpg

image.jpg
That's exactly what I was thinking Terry. Cool hat. I like the pistolas too.

Fedster

Familiar Face

Sombrero.jpg

image.jpg

I do not mind curling the brim myself, and I was thinking of a somewhat smaller hat to start with. Also I'd rather not have eyelets to the side, though I can live with it.

RJR

Sombrero.jpg

image.jpg
+1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy