Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Early 1920's German two-piece suit.

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
Checking the interest for a very old and extremely conservative suit in very good condition. It was bought from Fastuni here on FL, but it is much too large for me. It is roughly a size 38. For anyone who is interested I can take more photos and provide measurements.

ZrQVOpj.jpg

Tw5XBQA.jpg

The back view really shows the historic cut of this suit.
1Ff2x6n.jpg

HbGdoSZ.jpg

Trousers have a great cut and perfect details.
uAHztzT.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This area is for BUYING & SELLING items. Pop up the full measurements, condition & any issues, price please. This will greatly help your sale 'here.'

THANKYOU .

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
It is of course for sale. But I won't measure the whole suit if no one here is the least bit interested. As I said it is around a size 38. As visible in the pictures the condition is excellent. I can sell it for 160 USD.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
May I add that this suit certainly is from ca. 1925-30.
The jacket cut is too short and not flared enough for the early 1920's.

As the previous owner I can assure you that this suit has an amazingly supple fabric - something like a moleskinesque Barathea.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
It was more on the medium/narrow side... I think around 23 or 24 cm with some angle (longer at the back, shorter on the front) if I am not mistaken.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Fastuni, can you recall what the ankle width was ?

I can answer that, as I have chatted with Brocoli about this suit before. It's 23cm wide at the ankle. The trousers also have a larger waist than a regular 38 would have; I think it was around 33".

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
I think you are right about that. Sorry for the delay, I will get the measurements soon when I am back home in a couple of days!

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
If anyone still is interested, here are the measurements:

Pit to pit in the back - 45cm. That is 35 inches doubled. It seems like very little, but for me with a 37 chest, the jacket mananges to be too big for me. It is very roomy in some way.

Sleeve - 60.5 cm with at least 4cm to let out.

Shoulder - 40cm

Trouser waist - 87cm unbuckled, and with a very high rise and fishtail. 4cm to let out.

Trouser inseam - 69cm by the middle seam, 1cm shorter in the front and a bit longer in the back. No cuffs. 3.5 cm to let out.

I can also provide of pictures of me wearing the suit with my measurements if needed.

Sorry for the poor updating of this thread. Just ask me for more detailed measurements or pictures.

Dostioffsky

One of the Regulars
I might be interested.. I would like to see a picture of you wearing it to get a better impression of the fit (I have 37 inch chest as well).

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
No problems, I will post the pictures as soon as I return to my computer on which they are stored this monday!

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
Here are some pictures I had on the computer, of me wearing parts of the suit. It is too big for me, but not too short if the legs would be let out. I am 178cm tall with short arms, my jacket sleeves are all around 59,5cm. 37 inches around chest and 29 inches around waist. My torso is quite long and the trousers are pulled up a bit high I would say. As you can see, the big waist works for a lot smaller waists too, although they are too big for me even if adjusting the strap maximally.

Here is a link for quite a few pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/JXc3z

As you may see, the jacket is quite roomy on me, and bunches up behind the neck. A problem I often get, but here it is quite prominent for me.

Hopefully they are to some help. I will be putting this suit up on eBay if the suit does not sell here.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Is that the Swedish vintage shop/haberdashery posted about here a few weeks ago? Looks like I really need to get to Stockholm and Göteborg soon. I always used to think of Sweden in terms of nature, trekking and lovely rural areas but not in terms of being a vintage mecca. I wonder how it would be in central Europe without the wars.

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
Yes, you are correct, the picture was taken in that shop. We are quite lucky here in Sweden, the fact that we never had any wars during the 20th century really has helped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24