Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G'day everyone!

dannyboy_883

New in Town
G'day guys,

Not sure if I should be posting this here but oh well!
New to the site and I just thought I would introduce myself.

Name is Danny, I live in Australia and I have a bit of a passion for hats, though I am still a newbie and a young blood! I look forward to chatting with you all and hopefully gaining some knowledge...
I am actually unable to figure out how to post a picture, though I own two hats, The first was my grandfathers which is much too small for me, and an Akubra Whippet... just the factory bash but I like it.
Excuse the face made in the avatar, it is currently the only photo I have of me wearing it :)

Anyway... Cheers everyone!
Danny.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the Lounge, Danny!

In order to post photos, you will initially need to upload them to one of the photo hosting sites, such as Flickr, Photobucket, or Imageshack, and then embed them to your post on the forum. I use Imageshack myself, as I find it the easiest to use, but also have accounts with Flickr and Photobucket.

The FAQ has a tutorial on attaching photos which you may find helpful.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any problems posting your pictures.

dannyboy_883

New in Town
Thanks for your help!
Here they are... apparently feathers aren't that popular now but I like it, it suits the hat in my opinion though I don't think I would have a feather in a lighter hat.

Cheers,
Danny.
p1000112b.jpg

p1000111v.jpg

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Danny -

Welcome to the Lounge. I'm sure you'll find, as most of us have, this to be THE place to get the best information on hats and specifically Fedoras, and all things Golden Era!

dannyboy_883

New in Town
Those were my thoughts, the hat is infact quite darker in real life and the feathers break the monotony a little... Come to think of it I haven't seen too many hats with feathers that i have liked!
Plans for a few more hats are on the way though I think this one will always be 'my hat'
Thanks for your reply's guys!

Seth Hawkins

One of the Regulars
Hello!

Welcome Dannyboy! You've certainly come to the right place if you like hats. I'm fairly new here myself, and find the site to be a little overwhelming. I still haven't ventured into every room! There's so much cool stuff here.

Don't be afraid to ask the stupid questions. These kind folks have created a thread just for newbs like us called "Ask a question, get an answer". I've learned a lot by reading that thread. Also, the "What hat are you wearing today?", "Post new hats here", and "Fedoras Afield" threads have tons of hat pics in them.;)

Enjoy!

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Welcome Dannyboy. Sounds like in your first post you have the opposite problem I have. My Grandpop's hats are all too big for me. Always something isn't it?:)

Lastmohecken

Familiar Face
Welcome Dannyboy, I am a newbe also, for the most part, and I think you will find that you really like this place, espacally if you are into Fedoras, or most anykind of hat, etc.

I used to work with an Aussy friend of mine, who spent about 10 years here in the U.S., but finally went back home. He always wore the Outback style hats, leather mostly, and he directed me to a source for a nice waterbuffalo outback hat, that I have worn a lot, espacally in the winter or rain.

dannyboy_883

New in Town
Thanks for the reply's everybody!
I have been trawling through endless threads for a few days now and cannot believe the wealth of information, and variety of discussion!
Would definitely like to learn where I could find groups in my area, as I said, I am very new to alot of this!

Cheers,
Danny

DudeInBlack

Familiar Face
Welcome from one newbie to another. I think you're gonna' like it here. This place is an information gold mine, so feel free to abuse that "Search" option like there's no tomorrow.

Since you're fortunate enough to live down under, get yourself an Akubra while you're down there. (and maybe clue the rest of us in on a good place to get one. ;)

No worries, mate. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW