Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General thread about quilted-jackets

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Do you mean fabric jackets such as Norfolk game shooting clothing? Or quilted linings etc.
I like the shooting jackets, been looking around for a high end one second hand. The smell of old cartridge cases in the pockets is a must.

Do you mean fabric jackets such as Norfolk game shooting clothing? Or quilted linings etc.
I like the shooting jackets, been looking around for a high end one second hand. The smell of old cartridge cases in the pockets is a must.

I just mean the classic-timeless quilted-jackets, equally, if leather, polyester, polyamid or whatever. ;)

lol quilted jackets could hardly be considered timeless but okay. I don't like quilted textile jackets, they look like something you wear underneath something.

Here's a picture of ladies LL Monza just 'cause it's cool and it has quilted bits.
L1001116_zpsvpyj5bsu.jpg

BobJ

Practically Family
I once had this exact coat - a Barbour moleskin Liddlesdale. It was lightweight, luxuriously soft to the hand, and made me feel cozy, like I was walking around in one of my wife's quilts. The oversized pockets were handy for all kinds of things, including cold hands. But I'm a 63 year old gent, not young and cool like Monitor :cool:

This photo TRIES to make it look young and cool.
c489a93013c3591e1b6d6d98ce2c3a59.jpg

Don't need a scarf with this collar - it keeps your neck warm up to your ears.

Notice the leather collar stand.

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Here's a quilted Schott leather jacket that I snagged on eBay some years ago for about $100.00 us. It's lambskin with a polyester lining. The condition is quite good although the knit cuffs and waist band (or whatever it's called) do get those pesky little 'picks' that look kind of natty. It's rather lightweight but does provide a bit of warmth on those not too cold days. I have even worn it under a heavier leather jacket for an extra bit of protection against the cold. Sorry about the quality of the pics.
P7110003.JPG

P7110004.JPG

Peacoat

Bartender
to each his own - totally.

I hate all quilted jackets!!! despise the look - just IMO
Yes, all quilted jackets and vests look as if they should be worn under something, probably something leather. In the wild they are ok until the rains come, then they are totally lacking in protection from the elements.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Yes, all quilted jackets and vests look as if they should be worn under something, probably something leather. In the wild they are ok until the rains come, then they are totally lacking in protection from the elements.
It doesn't rain all the time even in the UK. They're a warming jacket; waxed jackets are for rain. They also dry very quickly if they get wet being 100% synthetic.

Hal

Practically Family
It doesn't rain all the time even in the UK. They're a warming jacket; waxed jackets are for rain. They also dry very quickly if they get wet being 100% synthetic.
I agree with both Doctor Damage and Peacoat. Such jackets are purely utilitarian; they do a particular job well but have no stylistic pretensions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy