Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
jitterbugdoll said:
No, they do not; just as they hold your stockings up, your stockings hold them down (however, unlike panty girdles, open bottom girdles cannot be worn without stockings, as they will slowly roll up as you move about. :))

Yea...I wear my panty-all in ones when I am wearing modern pantyhose (yea yea...sue me for not wearing stockings more ;) ).....and while its still semi contortion requireing to use the loo...its doable and it all stays in place...

Granted...I still need to get an open bottom...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I wear more shapers than girdles, but I am looking for one with garters that I cam wear and go to the loo with. Im thinking a two piece (sort of a long line and a waist clincher) that I can button around the waist, and pull down to do my business.

Now to find such a garment...:rolleyes:

LD

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My fave is Rago 9051, I have it in two colors. I don't unhook it when I use the bathroom, I just pull it over to the side. I've been doing this for a few years, no problems! I guess I could unhook it but that's a pain.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I just bought a new girdle (a Rago open-bottom, not sure of the style number) and I adore it. It comes down much lower than my old girdle though, so I've got to get used to the feeling on my thighs a bit, but its somewhat a nice feeling in a bizarre way!

I still haven't worked myself up to wearing my panties over my girdle though, even though I bought a pair of cute tap panties from Target recently. I'm scared I'll pull an Art Frahm! Or even worse, someone will get a peek up my skirt! Those tap panties don't give too much coverage!

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Golly, I haven't been on here since Christmas! Happy New Year to all!

Just catching up with the threads - about wearing knickers over a girdle, are we talking full girdles, where it ends low down on the thigh? I can't see it working but will try it out when I get dressed (it's only 6am!).

And I was wondering where you ladies shopped for knickers! I was after a selection of vintage looking ones, but don't really want to be wearing nylon gussets! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all! x

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Lately I've found some cute vintage-esque tap pants and nighties that could be used as slips in Target. The tap panties I bought are not quite like vintage ones, though if I didn't mind them being super short, I could wear them at waist level. They are meant to sit around your hips I think.

Have a poke around Target and other places like that. Sometimes its surprising the cute things you'll find, and for cheap too!

Elaina

One Too Many
I was genorously given a PDF of a 1920's school book on clothing that I make most of my combinations from. Took a little work...but I have a pretty pattern.

I'm not going to comment on the other parts of it, because I doubt anyone aside from Gok would understand all the problems I have associated with it. The 20's combinations work well, and I can use them as nightclothes when away from the house.

Daisy Buchanan

LadyDeWinter said:
Fleur de Guerre, I always wear french knickers and I wear them over the girdle. So there is no problem to go to the loo. :)

This is exactly what I do, french knickers or as we call them in the states tap panties. Just wear them over whatever foundation garment you are wearing. They are also really comfortable.
I have both Lady Marlene and Rago, but I must admit I like the Rago. For me they are a little more comfortable. I have their corsolet, waist cincher, and a few other things from them that I can't even name but they are really powerful!!:) I've never had any problems with any foundations showing through my clothes.
I must admit I have some vintage corsets and in comparison to the modern ones they are thicker, and I just notice them more when I'm wearing them. Although, when it comes to the corsets, I can lace the vintage ones much tighter than the modern ones, so I get more slimming power from them. Although the laces on them aren't as attractive, they seem to be much sturdier. Golly, there are so many options out there, it's really a trial and error situation. One day you'll be wearing a certain combination of foundations and you won't notice any of it, that's when you know you've got the right one for you. I was very surprised that the most comfortable undergarment I own is a handmade long line bra from the 50's. It's more comfortable than any modern bra I own and it gives me a nice silhouette.
Remember, what might be comfortable for one person, may not be comfortable for you.
I wish you luck in your pursuit!!:)

Daisy Buchanan

I have a few pairs of taps from Target. You're right, they work better if you wear them at your waist, unless you don't mind them short.
Another great place to get them is French Knickers. They have a very pretty selection and you can get matching cami's with most all of them.
Say it with Knickers is another store that has some great taps. I won't put the site up, because I'm not sure if it has some inappropriate pics, but it you do a search by this store name, it should come right up.
A google search for "french knickers" reveals a lot. Try it if you're in need of them.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Thanks ladies. I think I need to get some tap pants, now if only I could find a nice repro company! I usually wear :eek: g strings for the non VPL factor, so that would hardly work over a girdle! Might as well not bother in that case! lol

Miss_Bella_Hell

Fleur De Guerre said:
Thanks ladies. I think I need to get some tap pants, now if only I could find a nice repro company! I usually wear :eek: g strings for the non VPL factor, so that would hardly work over a girdle! Might as well not bother in that case! lol

I'm a g-string wearer too, I wear them under my girdles and use the "pull to the side" technique when wearing them so I don't have to take off my girdle when I have to go! lol

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Can someone suggest some good vintage lingeie basics? I want to start buying a few nice pieces.

There isn't much difference in what was worn then versus what is worn now, just differences in desired figure types (i.e., full, ‘pointy’ busts in the 1950s, versus boyish, flattened busts in the 1920s.) If you peruse the various threads here you will see plenty of mentions of the different types of undergarments--bras, merry widows, waist cinchers, garter belts, girdles, step-ins, stockings, etc. Again, what you choose is a matter of personal preference based on what you find most comfortable and what works best for your figure. If you want to emulate a certain era, then search through vintage magazines to read ads and articles on what products were available, and for what reasons you would have worn them, to help you make your decision. And again, lingerie is another area in which modern may be the best way to go. Vintage underpinnings were often made with a large content of rubber, and this fabric loses its shape and function over time, often at inopportune moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany