Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Safety pins are more secure, but difficult to close by yourself. Straight pins are easier to do yourself, but can come undone or stick into your skin during the day.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
maggiethespy said:
I'm on a college student's budget, so instead of heading to VS, I stopped by a local department store. Now, I like lace just as much as the next girl, but deep down I'm just not very fancy. I'm also very happy with my B cup and don't really need extra padding-- my mom asked me why I didn't want to look a cup bigger and I told her it was because I didn't think false advertisement was a good practice. I spent HOURS pouring through racks of bras trying to find a simple cotton, lightly lined underwire bra.

Maggie, Sears has their own brand of bras (Enchanting) that I really like. They are a molded, seamless no-show bra. No frills, no padding and no back-roll either. The only frills are a little scalloped edge, and my black one has leopard print on the inside. Other than that, they are plain, comfortable and inexpensive (around $15).

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I love my Freya bras! They are the only bras I have tried that give my girls support, make them look sexy and perky (a bit hard when they are DD) and they also don't look like granma bras!

I just ordered this Arabella bra in the color oyster which is a sheer nude color.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I have that bra in a chocolate brown. I LOVE it!!!! It is very comfortable and gives great support. I think you will be happy with it. It's sheer enough that, if not for the bright pink bow, I could wear it under white t-shirts.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
I have that bra in a chocolate brown. I LOVE it!!!! It is very comfortable and gives great support. I think you will be happy with it. It's sheer enough that, if not for the bright pink bow, I could wear it under white t-shirts.

I have it in sheer bright pink and sheer white, I doubt I will be finding as good a bra (for those prices) as those! Next purchase is the black as shown in the pic..

Lillemor

One Too Many
I guess I'm the only one who failing a bullet bra with pads would prefer a grandma style bra but am now finding it impossible to find one of these no-nonesense bras that lift up and give just a bit of "bullet" point, in a small size 75C.:( I think they'd give my knits more of a retro look.

AnnaMaria

New in Town
Lillemor, I know how you feel. Bullet bras doesn't seem to work on me either.
I bought a kind of retro styled bra from a Swedish brand called Trofé. They might be availiable in Denmark too.

I bought mine at the supermarket and it was not expenive at all, 99SEK i think.

You can see it here
http://www.trofe.se/gallery.aspx?TreeID=24
It is the one in the end of the third row.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Is the tax added on at the time of check out, or do you have to pay it upon the item's arrival? What about the option of having a US Lounger purchase it for you and ship it as a "gift"?

Looking through the thread to find some links to places that sell nice nylon panties, I saw I hadn't answered this one! We have to pay the tax in order to receive the package. Sometimes, even packages marked as "gifts" are taxed. :( Depends on the value. If it's marked "gift" + has a low value on it, it can get through. :)

Vintage Verve

New in Town
Vintage Verve said:
Sorry for the delay, I promised to tell you how this cincher worked out.

I really like it. It is of very high quality and it certainly defines my waistline more (up to four inches). I'm kind of sorry I didn't buy it in a size smaller as I have lost a bit of weight since Christmas!! Oh well, might give me extra incentive to lose more and buy another ;)

It's reasonably comfortable, and I only say reasonably as I am still getting used to it. I got caught out yesterday (didn't have time to go home and get changed after work before going out to dinner) and ended up wearing it for just over 14 hours. :eusa_doh: I was feeling uncomfortable towards the end of the night, but it certainly wasn't painfull and I have no residual discomfort today - although I am not wearing it today. I've worn it for on average four to six hours at a time and I have found it fine.

I would happily buy from What Katie Did again.

I'm happy to say that I totally love my cincher. I can now wear it for as long as I want (I guess I just got used to it!) without trouble.

If you'd like to take a look at what I look like in my WKD cincher, I've popped a couple of shots on my blog here.

Thanks for all the advice when I was looking for some foundation undergarments. This thread has been great.

Lillemor

One Too Many
AnnaMaria said:
Lillemor, I know how you feel. Bullet bras doesn't seem to work on me either.
I bought a kind of retro styled bra from a Swedish brand called Trofé. They might be availiable in Denmark too.

I bought mine at the supermarket and it was not expenive at all, 99SEK i think.

You can see it here
http://www.trofe.se/gallery.aspx?TreeID=24
It is the one in the end of the third row.

Which supermarket carries the line? I might twist hub's arm to drive me there if we drive over east this summer. Otherwise, I'll have to google.dk it when I get time.

The 15100 SOFIA looks like what I had in mind and someone sent me a link to a site that has the small pads for the sweatergirl look but it's U.S. based and I hate the shipping/tax surprise for collecting overseas packages.

:eek:fftopic: I paid a fortune for my christmas present from my dad.:( :( Which is really a shame because I've found so much stuff I want from U.S. based sites.

What happened to femme-fatale in CPH?

I might order this one from frandeli:Triumph Ladyform Soft W
Varenummer 10004936

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Lillemor et al., for you EU-based women I can recommend this site for granny-style underwear: http://www.woods-online.co.uk

Their Naturana bras are good quality and relatively inexpensive (the ones that are copied from the Triumph 'Doreen', like the Trofé one above, are quite bullet-y) They also have many different girdles, sweet and innocent cotton garter belts etc.

Lillemor

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
Lillemor et al., for you EU-based women I can recommend this site for granny-style underwear: http://www.woods-online.co.uk

Their Naturana bras are good quality and relatively inexpensive (the ones that are copied from the Triumph 'Doreen', like the Trofé one above, are quite bullet-y) They also have many different girdles, sweet and innocent cotton garter belts etc.

Oooh! Thanks and they have slips! I am so excited now!:) :eusa_clap

AnnaMaria

New in Town
I bought the Sofia bra at Coop Forum.

ShrinkingVioletwhat a great link. One of the Naturana bras comes in black too. I have only been able to find white ones.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
AnnaMaria said:
ShrinkingVioletwhat a great link. One of the Naturana bras comes in black too. I have only been able to find white ones.

If the bras are cotton, you can probably play around with dying them.

matrioshka

One of the Regulars
With some trepidation....

Hello all,

If you don't mind, I'd like to post a link to an Italian company that manufactures foundations.

www.nuovaclara.com

Their stuff is a mix of old and new. Some of the items on this page are very retro:

http://www.nuovaclara.com/shop/category.php?nocache=yes&idx=7&rpp=12&skip=0&locale=224&currency=

I have dealt with them in the past, and their stuff is incredible. It looks like it fell through a time warp. Not cheap either...

Please forgive me for intruding, but I did ask permission first.

Regards,
M

AnnaMaria

New in Town
KittyT said:
If the bras are cotton, you can probably play around with dying them.

I thought about that, but unfortunatly they are made of some synthetic material. I might try it anyway though with a dye for synthetic fibers, because I would really like to have a salmon pink one.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Lillemor said:
What happened to femme-fatale in CPH?

Last time I checked, they didn't have any decent bras, hardly any decent girdles either. The problem is that they are really too fetish oriented, so they have a lot of less tasteful (but "sexy"/fetish) stuff. Their strength is hosiery, though, they have some really nice stockings.

PS

A-List Customer
Can anyone recommend a garter-less girdle? Does a sarong style girdle have clips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo