Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

goatskin leather

kojax

Practically Family
i just a new goatskin g-1 jacket.....it feels a little stiff will goatskin leather break in at all............thank you ****

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Goat retains its "new" look for a long time and takes a lot of time and abuse to break in. That being said, it gets soft relatively quickly. YMMV.

It seems "colder" than other hides also. Less wind resistance or something. Less insulating.

Lafff

New in Town
I have two Gibson & Barnes jackets in goatskin. It will get less stiff over time. I actually prefer my goatskin jackets to my cowhide jackets. They're a little lighter, but seem to stand up to abuse better. And if you get caught out in the rain, it doesn't stiffen up. They wear like iron.

kojax

Practically Family
i just got my father the mark 31 russet goatskin from gibson barnes . they make a fine jacket i have a g-1 from them amd the a-2 goatskin from them .both dark seal goatskin i love that color.........

Lafff

New in Town
I went to their factory/showroom this last summer while I was down in San Diego. You should have seen the jackets. Great people to deal with. I had my jacket shipped. I received it a week later. They called twice to see if I had any concerns. They're a top notch outfit.

kojax

Practically Family
laffff what kind of jackets do you have from gibson -barnes..........i have to say one thing there leather is great ..i got one of there a-2 horsehide color magonay i sent it back to heavy for me but it was a nice jacket...i am thing of getting one of there a-2 civil jacket. i like the goatskin easy to wear and feels good......

Lafff

New in Town
I have an A-2 civil and the Raider. I wear the Raider a lot. I like the style, and can wear it with just about anything. It's been rain here some, and I wear it in the rain all the time

kojax

Practically Family
a-2 civil jacket

wow great i am getting my a-2 civil from gibson barnes in a couple of weeks....as of now they have no invertory.......

Lafff

New in Town
You'll like it for sure. The only reason I got the raider in addition to the A-2, was I really liked the inside storm flap. It has the welt pockets like the Civil A-2 and zipper top pockets. The back is gusseted like a Navy G-1. It really is a great jacket. Well, both of them are really great jackets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters