Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Godfathe II Shirt

Chris Dillon

Familiar Face
There is a shirt that Robert Deniro wears in the Godfather part II that I am dying over. It is the scene where young Vito is installing his recently "acquired" rug in his apartment. Just under 1 hour in. It is a two toned, long sleeve shirt with slash like pockets. Does anybody know what this is called and where I can find one??
Cheers!
-Chris

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Chris Dillon said:
There is a shirt that Robert Deniro wears in the Godfather part II that I am dying over. It is the scene where young Vito is installing his recently "acquired" rug in his apartment. Just under 1 hour in. It is a two toned, long sleeve shirt with slash like pockets. Does anybody know what this is called and where I can find one??
Cheers!
-Chris
I watch the godfather almost every week so I'll take a look
later and see...

Derek WC

Banned
Is it a western shirt?

P726BK_1

Derek WC

Banned
I'd have to say, it's probably 70's style what with the huge spread collar, but if it was more pointing down words and slightly smaller, I would think it was 40's-50's. Other than that I really don't know what that kind of shirt is called.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I know it's not a popular decade around these boards, but even if it might be 1970s looking, I still think it's pretty cool. It looks like a more casual look though, with the two-tone thing going on, and the slanted, slash pockets. Not something I'd wear a tie with.

By the way, The Godfather Part II is an excellent film, and one of my favorites of all time.

Chris Dillon

Familiar Face
Certainly thought 70s as well but thought otherwise since it was set in the 20s. He wears it through the most of the film (even with a tie!)
Regardless, I love it!
Thanks friends!

Elgin1924

New in Town
Chris Dillon said:
He wears it through the most of the film (even with a tie!)

Doesn't he wear a waistcoat with it as well, hiding the pockets?

To my eye it resembles a sort of cardigan/shirt hybrid.

Just my two cents,

Tommy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats