Good Wear Imperial

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Superfluous, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

First and foremost, huge thanks to John and Vickie (she is an angel). Thanks also to HandyMike for prompting JC to make the Imperial. I cannot put into words just how pleased I am with this jacket. The Shinki is a rich and vibrant dark brown (as opposed to some dark browns that border on black). The HH is robust and sturdy, but not oppressively rigid. The liner is interesting, but understated. The cut is trim, but comfortable. Lastly, thank you to Sears for coming up with the design 60+ years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pawineguy

pawineguy One Too Many

Really beautiful, that shade of brown is perfect.

3. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

That jacket is so A+, you might as well be sleeping with the teacher!!

mendelboaz likes this.
  4. zhz

zhz Practically Family

Really nice one. But I think that chest pocket is too high, it could look better if lower that down a bit. Just my taste.

5. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Doesn't get any better than this.

6. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Awesome!!!!!
    well done!!!!

7. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I think you need one of these Fanch!

8. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Okay, I'm going commit heresy here, so, apologies in advance. Lovely colour, but zhz is right: that breast pocket looks way too high, I still think the hw pockets are too big, and, while I'd like to see back pics, the half-belt looks a bit low. It's as if the jacket's being pulled in two directions.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  9. mendelboaz

mendelboaz One Too Many

Outstanding jacket! Very well done, my friend!

10. I like it and the fit...but do agree that the chest pocket looks perhaps an inch and a half too high in the pic. Unusual.
    HD

11. Cooperson

Cooperson One Too Many

Beautiful hide but have to agree, comparing it to the original Sears advert, the breast pocket is way high and the half belt low. I could probably live with the half belt but the position of the breast pocket would be a distraction as it just draws your eye to it. It's a real shame because it's obviously a very beautiful jacket.

12. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

I didn't even notice the position of the chest pocket on the first take. Personally, I think it makes for a unique jacket.

13. thor

thor One Too Many

Looking at various photos on-line of outer chest/breast pockets, they seem to generally align horizontally with the armpit/nipple axis (anatomically speaking). An inch above or below that horizontal axis probably isn't noticeable but more than that and it becomes more apparent to the casual observation that the pocket is higher/lower then usual.

14. Dr H

Dr H Call Me a Cab

Yes, the pocket does look unusually high.

15. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

The Shinki looks so rich! The texture and the colour really are something else.

16. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Neither did I. I wonder if it has something to do with balancing off the belted area at the bottom. Really beautiful jacket.

17. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Cripes, how'd I miss that high chest pocket!?

18. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

I saw the pocket but didnt want to say anything....

19. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

That's a really apt description Sloan. The leather looks sensational, and I really do like that design, it just looks a bit out of whack. Mind you, with the beautiful leather and overall quality, it's a winner.

20. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

The chest pocket is clearly high. That said, a photographer told me privately that my photos accentuate the height of the chest pocket because the photos are taken from a vantage point way below the jacket. In the first two fit pics, I am standing approximately four feet above the photographer. In the non-fit photos, the jacket is hanging from an outdoor light well above me.

Insurrection recently posted some photos of Aero's (gorgeous) Premier Half Belt ("PHB"). The chest pocket on the PHB is also higher than usual, although the slant to the pocket mitigates the height. Below are a couple of comparison photos. The chest pocket on the PHB may actually start a hair higher, but clearly ends lower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]