Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear Imperial

schitzo

Suspended
Okay, I'm going commit heresy here, so, apologies in advance. Lovely colour, but zhz is right: that breast pocket looks way too high, I still think the hw pockets are too big, and, while I'd like to see back pics, the half-belt looks a bit low. It's as if the jacket's being pulled in two directions.

Perhaps if JC reads this he'll fix the pattern? And while he's at it Sloane are there any others you think he should tweak? lol lol

After Finally managing to view these I think that considering it was not made for you that is an excellent result. Yeah the breast pocket is higher than you'd expect and the HWs wider - but so what - it looks killer on and I bet they're user friendly like that. I'll also bet that when you're wearing that shinki you know where the money went.

At the end of the day even if JC has made some small compromises on this one, to humour a customer, he still put his name on it. To reiterate, for me that is a first class aqusition. What's more, I think each of us should consider hiimelf blessed to be alive in the time of JC for in the grand scheme of things we are but a tiny and privileged minority! I am not joking. You guys who live in the same country as him are especially fortunate

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's interesting that despite the broad majority stating the same opinion, you still have to attack me, Schitzo. I'll say no more on that, but it's interesting.
As far as the jacket goes, it was merely an observation, and if the OP is happy with his jacket, that's the important thing.

schitzo

Suspended
It's interesting that despite the broad majority stating the same opinion, you still have to attack me, Schitzo. I'll say no more on that, but it's interesting.
As far as the jacket goes, it was merely an observation, and if the OP is happy with his jacket, that's the important thing.

"it's interesting" is more.

Anyway, it obviously wasn't an attack, just some light hearted banter between virtual pals. I assumed you'd see the funny side given that these words are borrowed from an 'attack' you aimed at me just the other day on another thread, albeit in reference to a different maker's patterns that time

Now I can't see the pictures from where I am but so long as that halfbelt sits against Superfluous's waist area I think it's in the right place. From the length of the jacket as I recall it, and taking into account his height - which I believe to be around 6ft or slightly over - I guess that it probably does. Does it?

zhz

Practically Family
"it's interesting" is more.

Anyway, it obviously wasn't an attack, just some light hearted banter between virtual pals. I assumed you'd see the funny side given that these words are borrowed from an 'attack' you aimed at me just the other day on another thread, albeit in reference to a different maker's patterns that time

Now I can't see the pictures from where I am but so long as that halfbelt sits against Superfluous's waist area I think it's in the right place. From the length of the jacket as I recall it, and taking into account his height - which I believe to be around 6ft or slightly over - I guess that it probably does. Does it?

The jacket ends at the same area as My westfall on me

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Schitzo, I wouldn't say 'banter' is your speciality, again that's just an opinion. Re the jacket, I would need to see the back of the jacket being worn, but it looks a touch low. Again, the bottom line is that if the OP is happy, that's fine. I'm not sure there's much more to be said on it.

Plumbline

One Too Many
For what it's worth I think the jacket looks good :)

Yes, the pocket is higher than normal ... but for me the chest pocket is mainly a cosmetic thing ( I can't recall using it for anything other than keeping the original jacket labels in) .... not sure it affects it's functionallity or it's look .... certainly makes it different and that for the OP may be a good thing.

Length and cut re fine ( longer and looser than an insurrection fit ) ... but if the OP likes it then good.

The halfbelt is better positioned from my perspective than most ... on the natural tailors waist .... which for many on the FL is too low as the current trend / body of opinion appears to direct individuals to have the cinch straps at the bottom rib or even above level ( which for me is 1-2" too high). 1-2" above the belt is ideal for me.

It compares well with many originals from the 1930's .... actual jackets not advertising drawings which in many cases can be a bit misleading.

Nice colour and I still love the "Californian label" used by JC :)

Overall, if I'd waited as long as buyers from JC wait, I think I'd be happy but not delighted ( and with the wait time I'd at least want to be delighted)

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
THANK YOU JOHN CHAPMAN!!!!

As great as the jacket was in its prior iteration, JC took it to another level.

GoodwearImperial60_zps29efc355.jpg

thor

One Too Many
THANK YOU JOHN CHAPMAN!!!!

As great as the jacket was in its prior iteration, JC took it to another level.

GoodwearImperial60_zps29efc355.jpg
Not sure if you meant it as a double entendre, but "took it to another level" could refer to JC's customer service or to the height of the chest pocket. Either way, I'm glad you like your jacket :)

Yeah, that's amazing if he did that due to feed back from here.....

You've obviously never dealt with JC et al @ Good Wear because if you had, you'd know that's just not the case.

I had a small issue with the liner of my Ventura - almost two years after buying - and JC fixed it free, and shipped it free.

So, before making such an ill-informed statement, think twice.

PS - to the OT - congrats on the superb fix. You'll only love it more with time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk