Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grey lid with black band

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Hey,

I have a great chrome colored Champ Dash fedora with a black band. Currently I only wear it when I am wearing black shoes (and outfits that go with black shoes). However I have seen some photos recently of folks back in the day wearing a similarly colored hat with earth tones (browns, tans etc). So my question is this: is it "acceptable" to wear this hat with browns etc?

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I'd wear it with anything blue, grey or black and I would do the same with cordovan or burgundy shoes. So to my mind, restricting it to black shoes is overly conservative. After all, one only wears black shoes before six for the most solemn occasions . . . or unless one's only pair of dress shoes is black! :D

dnjan

One Too Many
I guess what I meant is that I am fairly conservative in terms of what I consider to be coordinating colours.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I have a gray Knox 25 with wide black ribbon. I'd say that is a classic combination and it goes well with navy, gray or black in sports coats .... I rarely wear a "suit."
It also goes great with that color range in Hawaiian shirts and jeans!

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy