Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gucci horsebit loafers?

davestlouis

Practically Family
What are your personal opinions about classic Gucci horsebit loafers? I have never owned any, but that may be changing. I always associated them with gray haired guys at the country club...and I'm becoming that guy, slowly but surely.

Geesie

Practically Family
davestlouis said:
What are your personal opinions about classic Gucci horsebit loafers? I have never owned any, but that may be changing. I always associated them with gray haired guys at the country club...and I'm becoming that guy, slowly but surely.

I definitely have "country club" associations with them, and Dan Aykroyd's buddies in "Trading Places".

Which is to say I only have one out of four letters in WASP apply to me and that just isn't enough for me to like the Guccis.

davestlouis

Practically Family
I was afraid that the negative connotations would outweigh the positive...looks like I may be right. Guess I shouldn't buy the Lilly Pulitzer floral pants either. I'm kidding about the pants, BTW.

Mav

A-List Customer
Don't like them, and I can't explain why, exactly. They're a classic, of sorts, but the wrong kind of classic. I associate them with my Uncle Frank, who wore leisure suits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy