Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GW B-6 Fresh Pics

Not mine (sadly), but given the cooler weather will be coming down the road, I thought I'd post up this beauty.
<br>

B6_Flight_Jacket.jpg

<br>

collar.jpg

<br>

collar_up.jpg

<br>

front_back_full.jpg

<br>

pocket.jpg

<br>

talon_zipper.jpg

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Very Nice :)
Always fancied a B6, but in the B3 thickness fleece, though I doubt the action back would work.
Does John Chapman make these with the zip or strap sides? I personally prefer the strap.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
John really is the jedi master or whatever you call it, of US military jackets.

That is just sublime.

archbury918

One of the Regulars
Certainly another beautiful jacket from John! Has he started regular production with shearling yet? I've seen the samples he's sold off

I have an Aero B-6 that has become one of my favorite jackets. It can easily go out on the town without looking distinctly military.
My only wish is it had the russet facings and straps. It just sets off the jacket so much better IMO. It's not likely I'll afford one of each.

Any idea what his MSRP will be?

Metatron

One Too Many
Nicest US flight jacket imho, along with the B2 and the G-1.
Apart from the fact that it's a great jacket, this showcases what a difference proper presentation makes,
i.e in natural light and worn by someone.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Cheers:)
This is the one feature I do not like of the B6, [I think] the straps set the side off adjustment so much better.
Once upon a time both Eastman and Aero did both versions. I think both versions are authentic though the zips are more popular and dont catch on anything.

archbury918

One of the Regulars
The zips are no doubt more labor intensive to make. I'm guessing the contracts for the tab adjustments are limited too.
What I personally find great about the zippers are the quick adjustments that can be made when you're moving between seated and upright.
The straps are a set. You'll have the jacket ride up because of the extra length.

Stand By

One Too Many
Looks great! Wow. Just perfect - that fella's a real whizz with his sewing machine, isn't he?! And what an eye he has for what looks right ...
And the side zips on the B-6 are great too (interesting that they're Talons). I've only ever found them to be handy.
The B-6 is such a great jacket - I can't wait to have mine back on again ...

I'll soon have photos to show you all of my new (old but unworn) ELC RW B-6 (with the new Crown zips that replaced the RiRi ones) as I'm actually heading out to get myself a new camera in 15 minutes! :)
PS. My tip for today: if you have a digital camera, do make sure its case is waterproof!! (I won't make that mistake again with this new one!)

...PS. My tip for today: if you have a digital camera, do make sure its case is waterproof!! (I won't make that mistake again with this new one!)
PPS - my tip: Don't take your camera into the shower when you're doing a HWT on a jacket. We'll settle for pics later :rofl:

Stand By

One Too Many
Ahhh! Thanks Sloan - and thank God for that. With all the acronyms abounding these days, I thought it was something kinky!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass