Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

Some 1930s haircuts were longer and fuller than we might expect. Some examples:

Donat20Robert203920Steps20The_01.jpg

Douglas20Melvyn20Lone20Wolf20Return.jpg

Gable20Clark_03.jpg

Olivier20Laurence_01.jpg

Montgomery20Robert_01.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
william_frawley.jpg

Any one remember William Frawley?

He's one that was some what bald for the most part.

This one will surprise ya too.

AstaireTophat200.jpg

Fred Astaire was bald but, he covered it up rather well. Yes, he wore a piece!
That's what most bald men of that era did who were in film. Well, unless you were a producer or some one who was in production.

=WR=

Mycroft

One Too Many
It's a Rug
Does Bogie's wear a toupee? Believe it or not, this one's true! It's been said he has the best toupee in show business. They were groomed by his hairdresser and long time mistress Verita Thompson. Bogie was hardly shy about the fact he'd gone bald, he'd readily admit and even joke about it. He never wore it in his home and was often seen without it.

-http://www.geocities.com/thebogartsite/beginners05.html

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Bogart sans the toupee...

One of the books I have about dressing like a gentleman mentions famous folks that wore a rug, Bogart being one ot them.
ab22.jpg

bb20.jpg

bb21.jpg

He didn't seem too afraid to go without.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, it don't come any straighter then that!

Good old Baldy Bogart! What a guy! What made him so cool is that he didn't care about much of what people thought.

Now, back to hair styles and not so much of the lack there of!

=WR=

BrooklynJack

New in Town
Okay, outta curiousity, is it possible to maintain my love of all things late 20s and early 30s, including emulation, if my hair is long? Not like metal headbanger long, but pseudo-emo long? Though I will make you dead if you insinuate that my hair looks like that.

I guess the question is if anyone knows any retro hairstyles that were pretty long...longer than you'd think.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Shemp Howard of the Three Stooges had very very long hair. My character in Treasure of the Templars (takes place in the early thirties) went for this same look and, when slicked back, it looks just as thirties as any of the others, but when it isn't greased down... you'd swear I was an after product of a one-hit-wonder in the eighties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk