Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Haircolor advice, please ladies :)

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
Hi ladies! I am wanting to go back to a light red from a light blonde, and I had heard a lot of good reviews of Revlon's Colorsilk. I just tested out a mixture of #72 Strawberry Blonde with #53 Light Auburn on hairs from my brush. Here is the result:

DSCN5531.jpg

So, my question is... does it look ravishing or radioactive? Do you think I should go for it?

Thank you so much for your opinion-

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Perhaps we can get a photo of your hair and face? Sometimes, that's the best way to see for sure if a haircolor will suit.

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
sometimes the colour much different on the hair than it is on the skin. although, mixing different colors is not unheard of; i have had pals mix browns & auburn shades and had quite good success.

i'd say try it, and keep in mind that a good night's soaking in mineral oil will get rid of most of the dye, if you do have a boo-boo.

anabolina

A-List Customer
It looks a little peachy to me, but its hard to tell. Is the color true? Good for you for thinking this out and planning before just doing it. I have relatively poor impulse control and when I decide to dye my hair, I just do it and sometimes like it and sometimes am less then fond of it.

If you are mixing colors though, I wonder if the Ion brand from Sally's might be better with more color choices and cheaper prices and it has one of the highest ratings for hair color on makeupalley. I used it while dying my hair red to overcome a bit of a mistake with some Herbal Essences hair color and it didn't seem to damage my hair nearly as much as the box dye did. Probably because I only needed 10 developer to dye my blonde hair to red rather than the 20 developer usually used in the box kits.

http://www.ioncolorbrilliance.com/Permanent_Hair_Color/Shades/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran