Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
This guy right here.

706518364_1e01c1ccce.jpg

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
We're having a swing dance/costume party at an old building in a historic neighborhood this halloween...so...

Myself: Little Miss Muffet
My friend (about half my height): she will be "The tuffet"
My other friend (a guy, also pretty short): "Curds and Whey." We're actually making him wear an oatmeal colored sweatsuit and pin empty tubs of cottage cheese all over himself.

Awesome. If you have any ideas for the muffet costume, I'd love some help. :D

Josephine

One Too Many
thebadmamajama said:
Awesome. If you have any ideas for the muffet costume, I'd love some help. :D

The rhyme first appeared in print, apparently, in 1801, so any young girl's manner of dressing from that period would be good, IMO.

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
I thought...

...I was going to be a pirate, but as we near the party in question everybody is going whiskey delta on me. Mrs Fogey isn't keen to be the only couple in costume.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I don't know exactly what I'm going to be, but my raccoon coat plays prominently. Any idea what should go with it?

Mojito

One Too Many
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g44/PelagicWobbegong/Heldcartoon.jpg

Dinerman said:
I don't know exactly what I'm going to be, but my raccoon coat plays prominently. Any idea what should go with it?
1920s collegiate sheik? Although I'm sure that has already occured to you!

Here's one from John Held Jnr:

Heldcartoon.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I could give that a shot. I don't really have the appropriate stuff (as in the real deal) , but do you think tweed pants and an argyle sweatervest could make it work?

I don't think it'll really matter what I wear with it, though. One look at it and most of the people I know will be trying to kill me. :)

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Everyone has such great ideas!

We'll be celebrating our anniversary in Austin the weekend prior to Halloween.So we didn't know if we'd dress up or not.It's our favorite holiday and we'd really like to,but it's getting close and I'm not feeling particularly creative.
Trying to convince the husband to be Tom Sawyer and I could be Huckleberry Finn,but he's really hoping for something a bit naughtier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL