Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
PDQ Bach

ddwbach.jpg

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
That's a tough one..

Halloween is my absolute FAVORITE holiday and I usually have the best costume...my Elvis in leather was the hit of the 3rd grade...:p

This year I'm stuck teaching and in graduate classes the entire day and don't know how well a costume would go over in a *cough* "professional" (blah) environment. :p We'll see if I can think up something fabulous and appropriate...(that's never a fun combo...) :p

zaika

One Too Many
Edward, those costumes are FANTASTIC!! I've never really dressed up like that for Halloween...mostly becuase I never have anywhere to go. [huh]

This year I've toyed with the idea of walking around as an overgrown Hogwarts student. Not really original, but whatever...

Nashoba

One Too Many
I still want to be tinkerbell but I don't know if i'll be able to pull it together. My husband will probably wear the same stupid shirt he wears every year.
brighty orange....says this is my costume now give me the damn candy....sigh....creativity and imagination he has not....

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Miss 1940's said:
l_649f1ad6d781007ebb24d66053c6dfbd.jpg

I want to be Gracie Allen,But I have no george Burns.I am trying to convince my sister to be george but she wants to be Judy Garland or one of the Andrews sisters.

You look like a brunette Grace Kelly in that gorgeous dress!

The Shirt

Practically Family
I'm planning on going as scary astronaut lady. Big mall bangs, adult diaper, a clear beverage bag attached to my hip with a mallet, garbage bags and rubber hose in hand. Of course I have to make a flight suit as well. I figure it's a good excuse to chase the boys and threaten the competition.

I love halloween.

Edward

Bartender
zaika said:
Edward, those costumes are FANTASTIC!! I've never really dressed up like that for Halloween...mostly becuase I never have anywhere to go. [huh]

This year I've toyed with the idea of walking around as an overgrown Hogwarts student. Not really original, but whatever...

Why, thank-you! :eek: I love costuming. Always loved dressing up, but since I got hardcore into Rocky Horror and got used to putting together costumes for that, it's become something i do as often as possible, Rocky or no. any excuse - the CandyBox Burlesque nights, Halloween, whatever - I'm there dressed - or in the case of rocky, more often than not undressed - to the nines... :)

Hogwarts students are a lot of fun. Actually, there's a lot of great (and easy) costumes can be put together for Harry Potter world. A bunch of us went out in costume for the launch of the last book, I did Barthy Crouch Senior. Easy-peasy - pinstripe suit, conservative tie, not a hair out of place - mascara 'tache. I did cheat with the hat - I wore a fedora, not being able to lay hands on a bowler cheap enough in time (not really a hat I'd wear outside of costume). Often I find some of the best costumes are the easiest..... probably the one I've made that drew the most comment was the Jack skellington - really, it wasn't much more than painting some stripes. :)

The Shirt said:
I'm planning on going as scary astronaut lady. Big mall bangs, adult diaper, a clear beverage bag attached to my hip with a mallet, garbage bags and rubber hose in hand. Of course I have to make a flight suit as well. I figure it's a good excuse to chase the boys and threaten the competition.

I love halloween.

lol that sounds fun!

Anyone familiar with Watchmen (Alan Moore graphic novel)? I'm finally[/]i reading it after all these years of meaning to..... maybe next year when I've time to think about making the mask, Rorschach might make an appearance. :)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Lancealot said:
It's time to pick out your costumes and get ready to scare up some fun. I'll start us off.

My girlfriend and I are going has Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. The Tex Avery verision. Picks will be posted later of course.

So what are your plans?

I plan on being a shape shifting locomotive squirrel who likes a good martini. :D

Nashoba

One Too Many
Edward said:
Hogwarts students are a lot of fun. Actually, there's a lot of great (and easy) costumes can be put together for Harry Potter world.

I saw some really really great HP costumes at Dragon*Con. At one point I was passed by an entire Quidditch team. It was quite impressive. I'm going to a huge halloween party the day I get to Cali and that party has always been known for it's impressive costumes.
My dad is going as Spider Pig. *sigh*

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Since I am pregnant, I am doing a take on the "bun in the oven". I hope to get a chef's hat, jacket, and pants (I saw some good prices on Ebay). I am thinking of being "Pierre, ze French baker" and walking around with a loaf of French bread all day, and wearing a little curly black mustache. Optional is a cardboard oven with a picture of a bun in the oven window. :rolleyes: lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit