Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

Edward

Bartender
ValerieAmelia said:
Sexy hobo lol ...wow

There's bound to be a way of using those "sexy" costumes ironically....

In our Rocky Horror bunch, we have a couple of guys who are just ridiculously butch. I mean, one in particular on a good day would make Russell Crowe look effeminate..... Obviously, we get them into drag as often as is physically possible casue it's hilarious! :D

Jovan said:
Edward: I was referring to the people on the poster. :)

:eusa_doh: Gotcha! Yeah, that production was designed as a real back to basics affair (with major input from Richard O'Brien), and the very 50s look was intention. I've seen all sorts over the years, including a very 70s look in the (diabolically awful) "Big 30" tour during 2002-2003. [gag] Brad in a powder blue suit, with flared trousers and a ruffled shirt... [/gag] :rage: I mean... Spot on on this one, though. I think far, far too many folks misconstrue Brad as a geek when in reality he's the jock, the all-American boy that mainstream USA aspires to be. Richard Meek (guy in the poster) was the second guy on the 06/07 tour to play Brad, and he did it beautifully. I don't think anyone else I've seen has come close to capturing the essence of the character as well, save maybe Barry Bostwick himself.

zaika

One Too Many
Edward said:
In our Rocky Horror bunch, we have a couple of guys who are just ridiculously butch. I mean, one in particular on a good day would make Russell Crowe look effeminate..... Obviously, we get them into drag as often as is physically possible casue it's hilarious! :D

men in drag are awesome. it's very brave and sometimes they look really good! sometimes. lol

i think maybe i'll do this again this year...

152907685_ac6fb460a3.jpg

$ally

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
I hate these costumes more than anything in the world! We go through the costume stores just to laught at the prepackaged sexy _______ (insert occupation here) costumes. Hubby and I joke that we're going to start our own line of costumes with ridiculous juxtapositions like sexy hobo and sexy barbershop quartet.
Yes, it's gets more outlandish every year! Sexy Crazy Cat Lady indeed! :rolleyes:

$ally

One Too Many
Although I have to say, the 300 costumes I've seen the buff guys wearing do not hurt my feelings.

Jovan

Suspended
But see, those costumes are focused and have some work/thought put into them. They cannot be compared to the "sexy" prepackaged stuff that is just really thoughtless and cheap. I've seen many costumes that are actually sexy without looking so try hard, on both the male and female side.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
Mr Stovall, I'm not familiar with the character, but it's obvious you've put a lot of work into it and it looks like a superb costume. I'm all for doing costumes that other folks won't necessarily recognise.... Maybe next year I'm going to do Rorshak.

Thanks Edward, it was fun to put together. It is a real "Nerd Detector" though lol .

And as for Rorshak you will have one more Hallowe'en before the Watchman Movie is released in 2009, then many more people will know of him!

And I did read that Lobster Johnson will be making a cameo in the next Hellboy movie, and the third movie will actually focus on his character. I can hardly wait! (ALERT! NERD SESNOR IS OFF THE SCALE!)

zaika

One Too Many
sweetfrancaise said:
Goodness, how cute are you!

hee hee. lol boy howdy, i thought i was the coolest kid ever in that get up. especially with the return of the jedi lunchbox i toted to school. *NERD*

$ally

One Too Many
Nashoba said:
This year's last minute thrown together, I suppose I'll wear this costume. Was going for a pinup girl.
Gorgeous! It doesn't look thrown together at all and ou wear it well.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Oops, I gotta find my eyes!

Ms. McGraw said:
My friends and I did halloween last weekend because of a wedding that's this weekend. I'm a little short on funds right now...so this was my $15 costume:
heidigolightly.jpg

Va-VA-VOOM! Stunning! :eusa_doh: :whistling :whistling :eusa_clap

Now THAT'S Real Coffee!

YOWSA! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80