Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I wore my Weegee girl clothes last week at the Flaming Lips parade, walking with a float full of Jackson Pollacks.
Tomorrow, I'm not sure; I've been nominated by the staff at my regular coffee house to be in the running for the Winter Squash King or Queen, so must be present at their little bash Halloween night, in case perhaps I've garnered enough votes to win. How does one dress for a Winter Squash pageant? I don't know.....
Must rifle through the wardrobe and put together something.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
worn to FL member Doran's Halloween Party last night:
my interpretation of Marlene Dietrich; new patent leather heels with grosgrain bow trim,my vintage 30s tux trousers, hubby's vintage suspenders, his modern tailcoat, tux shirt, vest (I made for our wedding), tie. My collapsible silk top hat. also wearing my vintage 40s eyeglasses.
377047417.jpg
With Doran and James Powers:
377047416.jpg
I'm missing a lapel flower and a pocket square! Wearing this again tonight out dancing so I'll get them added and another picture taken.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
FANTASTIC SP!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap You look absolutely delicious;). I'm sure you charmed to heck out the ladies at the office!

Please also post these pics in the "Best FL-er costumes 2009" thread too for those that otherwise aren't looking up this thread.

Your ensemble is very inspirational too, with all the details you've done for this. Makes me want to create a wench or lady pirate costume and pair up with you my dear...

Slim Portly said:
I wore this to the office today.
IMG_3289_CROP.jpg
IMG_3292_CROP.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
A nice shot of FL member JamesPowers, looking very handsome in his vintage Naval Officer's uniform. His wife was in vintage too as were his two little boys- they looked darling!
377064819.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
FANTASTIC SP!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap You look absolutely delicious;). I'm sure you charmed to heck out the ladies at the office!

Please also post these pics in the "Best FL-er costumes 2009" thread too for those that otherwise aren't looking up this thread.

Your ensemble is very inspirational too, with all the details you've done for this. Makes me want to create a wench or lady pirate costume and pair up with you my dear...
Thank you, darlin'. You'd make a fine wench. I took some better pictures tonight, which I posted in the other thread.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I went as Marlene Dietrich- cost zero as actually had all the pieces already! Just time spent altering. Okay, so I bought a pair of pumps but I needed them anyway...

Friday night at Doran's party:
377047416.jpg
Saturday night too, picture taken in the lobby of the Stanford Theater in Palo Alto:
377083484.jpg

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
My friend and I were nadsat teens from A Clockwork Orange!
halloween2009011sm.jpg

My best friend was Marc Bolan:
halloween2009020sm.jpg

Really great! If you love the 70s
halloween2009008sm.jpg

(and we do lol )
halloween2009033sm.jpg

halloween2009046sm.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Fletch, you need to see my photos.
My son wanted us to be Batman and Robin. I let him choose how his Robin would look and I went with a 1940s Batman. Unfortunately I spent over $100 on our costumes and realised I had no idea what I was doing when sewing them.
The pictures are on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/wolfmysteries

Sincerely,
The Wolf

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Here are your humble servant and Miss Bella Hell at Flute last Saturday night. She. . . a vivacious vixen . . . moi . . . the aging roue. :)

HeatherandDanHween.jpg

Here I'm looking a little more respectable:

MeatFlutebrightened.jpg

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
I went as Lucy Ricardo this year-- it was a bit of a last-minute costume. The dress is one I made for a Pearl Harbor dance last year, the apron is something I made for Rocky Horror. I figured, it is the quientessential redhead costume, so I might as well go for it :)

I won first place in a costume contest with it!

My hair began to fall after dancing the night away:
untitled.jpg

With an adoreable flapper:
untitled1.jpg

A black and white full-body shot:
untitled2.jpg

Winning first place:
untitled4.jpg

And kissing my favorite Snow Bunnie :)
October272009005.jpg

Had a TON of fun with this costume!

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
ron521 said:
On Halloween night, I dressed as a yard decoration with a bowl of candy in my lap...kids were surprised when the decoration began moving...heheheheh :D

lol My mom has done this on Halloween on occasion. For some reason I get the feeling folks wouldn't think it was as funny if it were a faux-stuffed Santa scaring kids at Christmas!

I would though

Edward

Bartender
ron521 said:
On Halloween night, I dressed as a yard decoration with a bowl of candy in my lap...kids were surprised when the decoration began moving...heheheheh :D

Nice!

Halloween seems so long ago already..... I'm now planning my costume for a Christmas night out.... pretty much almost there, I'm going as the Grinch.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
In my searching, I found some threads over in the Powder Room, but none for the gents. So, here is a place to post halloween costumes.

Also, any ideas on what costume I could throw together by the end of the month would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran