Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

Chowderhouse

One of the Regulars
I going to dress up as an early 1900s Paris Apache. The Apaches of Paris were young gangsters. Some of them used a unique type of pistol which was named the Apache revolver or Apache pistol: a pinfire cartridge revolver with no barrel, a set of foldover brass knuckles for a handgrip, and a folding knife mounted right underneath the revolver drum for use as a stabbing weapon.

The Apaches also evolved a semi-codified collection of tricks used in mugging and hand-to-hand combat. In Europe, they inspired the Apache dance craze and the striped Apache shirt.

My costume will look almost exactly like this.

apaches11_zps681e70b9.jpg

Here is an antique Apache revolver.

Apacherevolver_zps472b24b5.jpg

These are finger ring weapons used by the Apaches.

Apache-finger-rings_zps16b21779.jpg

Last edited:

in/y

One of the Regulars
Always wanted to do this...

get two sets of matching clothes,
stitch them together along one side (both pants & shirt),
stuff one set of clothes, adding a head,
put on the other set of clothes myself

and go as recently reunited Siamese twins.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Probably one of the Doctors. I have pretty good costumes for 4, 10, and 11.

Well, actually, for the bulk of the evening I will be dressed as a horrendously inaccurate WWII naval officer. Our costume designer could have put in just a bit more effort.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
We had a party to attend last night, but until Thursday had been thinking it was tonight. The ensuing rush to prepare put a damper on costume ideas - working under pressure and all that - so about an hour before party time, I spied a pair of old Beckwith's of Boston jodhpurs I'd gotten years ago and never worn, and decided to go as Amelia Earhart. Nothing stunning, but at least the other guests guessed me correctly.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I haven't done a Halloween costume in years. We decided, literally at the last minute, to go to a party tonight, so I threw together some stuff and got this. Although I wear a hat and the bag every day, and a safari shirt when it's warm outside, the rest of it came together literally at the last minute. It's not very screen accurate, but it looked good, nonetheless, if I do say so, myself.

437_4822729016814_792271810_n.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Money is a bit tight at the minute so I've mostly been falling back on my zombie-dressing-up box this season.

World Zombie day, a couple of weeks ago:

247261_10151058952617260_103241244_n.jpg

579111_10151058952127260_111635703_n.jpg

I wore this costume both at a club night on Saturday, and at a friend's horror-themed wedding reception on Friday:

525753_10151115319376850_1468112830_n.jpg

319015_10151235416199311_350524146_n.jpg

On Halloween itself I will be short on time, given it falls on a working day, so rather than spending the guts of an hour getting ready for this, I will probably just wear one of my best thirties suits and add my zombie contacts and some decent fangs.... a little mouth blood, job done.

Captain Lex

One of the Regulars
Well, in the event I am socially obligated to dress up, I can always fall back on the Sherlock Holmes costume I've been wearing socially for the last two weeks!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Some neat costumes.

"The Man With No Name" of the Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns. Took a year or so of chasing all the right stuff down at foolish cost. Just finished distressing/bleaching some brown rough-out boots that were a one run-and-done from Fugawee; have a Cimarron Arms Colt conversion and will grow the requisite 5 day beard next week. Just got the leather wrist cuff today.
Of course, at my age, I 'll just look like the old coot in 'Grand Torino' dressing up.

I wish I had "The Man With No Name" gear, but I haven't even started collecting it yet, apart from a lookalike pale blue shirt with railroad stripes.

If the weather were cooler, this is what I'd do:

IMG_0794.jpg

Obviously not a double-breasted coat, but I think the overall look (especially the hat) is sort of like this from Le Samourai.

tumblr_lg1u5egov81qdgatn.jpg

I guess I could fake the Indiana Jones look too, with the Akubra Federation and Wested jacket paired with khakis, brown boots, and a white shirt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner