Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Great costumes everyone! Oh how I love to see everyone dressed up!
Loved the Scissorhands Edward!!

Here's me. I was lazy this year and we didn't have anywhere to go. Just threw together a gypsy.
Nikki
1836392799_672e99b0b3.jpg

and my son,
1837245436_c3044d3245.jpg

1836500189_38fc501fa5.jpg

$ally

One Too Many
Dang it Pinky! You even look pretty with dark circles painted under your eyes, a knife in your hand, and a bloody apron. That's just wrong.

Edward

Bartender
ohairas said:
Great costumes everyone! Oh how I love to see everyone dressed up!
Loved the Scissorhands Edward!!

Here's me. I was lazy this year and we didn't have anywhere to go. Just threw together a gypsy.
Nikki
1836392799_672e99b0b3.jpg

and my son,
1837245436_c3044d3245.jpg

1836500189_38fc501fa5.jpg

Thanks! Your costume looks sharp too. Junior looks very distinguished wish the facial hair..... I'm reminded of young Pubert Addams, lol.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
$ally said:
Dang it Pinky! You even look pretty with dark circles painted under your eyes, a knife in your hand, and a bloody apron. That's just wrong.

Oh SallyPants!

Here's the work friendly version (read: no blood). Regular Alice:
l_6679310f5256149a361799e83ec2b477.jpg

Watch it I'll poke your eye out my my giant sleeves!

Jovan

Suspended
Edward said:
Thanks! Your costume looks sharp too. Junior looks very distinguished wish the facial hair..... I'm reminded of young Pubert Addams, lol.
And I'm reminded of some dolls they did of the Addams Family years back... where Gomez basically looked like Pubert with the disturbing childized face style they use even for adult characters. I forget the name of the company that made them.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
What are you planning for your Halloween Costume? Vintage costume ideas.

I know it's still a bit early for Halloween but I've been getting my costume together this past week.
I'm currently on a budget but still wanted to do something unique and fun.
So, I decided to be Betty Broadbent aka one of the original Tattoo'd Carnival Ladies from the 20's/30's.
broadbent.jpg

I've got a vintage inspired dress and bought a whole slew of temporary tattoos. I hope it turns out well.
And it got me thinking what everyone else plans to be?
Vintage theme, classic or your own idea?
Or do you still need an idea and want some suggestions?
Spill it, folks!

Same as every year. Two words: Caesar Americanus. (If you don't get this, Google "William Manchester"--then see av.)

Budget:
Corncob pipe, $5 at local pipe/cigar-shop.
General's stars, $15/set from various WWII museums.
Total, about $20, since military-styled khaki's my "daily office-wear" anyway...

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
Same as every year. Two words: Caesar Americanus. (If you don't get this, Google "William Manchester"--then see av.)

Budget:
Corncob pipe, $5 at local pipe/cigar-shop.
General's stars, $15/set from various WWII museums.
Total, about $20, since military-styled khaki's my "daily office-wear" anyway...

Surprise, surprise!!! lol lol
(Must be timesaving ever never have to wonder what to wear.)

Josephine

One Too Many
I'll be on the cruise for Hallowe'en, I think I will just be a Greek type Nature goddess I threw together for a convention one year. I have a picture somewhere...

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
I had found a picture of college girls in makeshift pirate costumes. They were attired in" ruffle peasnat blouses, black shorts with ragged edges and knee high pirate boots. So I am going to be a 1940s pirate! Arrggg!:D

Samantha

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We're having a "come as your greatest childhood fear" party at work, and since growing up I was terrified of nuclear war, I think an air-raid warden's outfit would be appropriate! I already have the helmet and the gas mask, and with a bit of scouting around I should be able to come up with some additional props.

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Oh, I just adore Halloween!! We are going to make "goblin ball" costumes. With big fancy dresses and goblin inspired masks. (Inspired by the movie Labyrinth - if you happen to have seen it.) The costumes will get double action for Halloween and a local Sci-fi/Fantasy convention. What fun!!! I can't wait to hear what others have planned.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Mrs. Merl said:
Oh, I just adore Halloween!! We are going to make "goblin ball" costumes. With big fancy dresses and goblin inspired masks. (Inspired by the movie Labyrinth - if you happen to have seen it.) The costumes will get double action for Halloween and a local Sci-fi/Fantasy convention. What fun!!! I can't wait to hear what others have planned.

Oh goodness. Be warned- my geek is about to show!
Not only have I seen Labyrinth, I annually attend the Labyrinth of Jerath masquerade in Hollywood. It's so much fun and just another excuse to dress up :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner