Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hammet

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
If it's the one I'm thinking of (a detective movie with Dashiell Hammitt as the protagonist), I saw it years ago, but have forgotten almost everything about it except that I enjoyed it. Is this the one with the bottle of "tea" under the sink?

-Dave

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Somewhere I have a paperback novel called "Chandler" that has Raymond Chandler as its tough-guy protagonist. It's a ridiculous concept, and as I recall it, the novel's pretty bad. But I couldn't resist it.

And of course, no movie was ever made of it.

Decodence

A-List Customer
If it's the one I'm thinking of (a detective movie with Dashiell Hammitt as the protagonist), I saw it years ago, but have forgotten almost everything about it except that I enjoyed it. Is this the one with the bottle of "tea" under the sink?

-Dave
Don't recall any bottle of "tea" under the sink, but he's constantly getting sloshed. It was good, a bit cheesy here/there, but entertaining nonetheless. Definitely worth a watch if you are fans of Hammet.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Saw it in the theatres many years ago. Fredric Forrest was enjoying a period of popularity and did the lead. It was fun to watch and try to match plot points and characters to the real Hammett's writings.

Some interesting shots in and around the typewriter, as I recall.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think there was, and then Jane Fonda and Jason Robards played Lillian and Dash in Julia back somewhere in the mid 70s to early 80s. But yep - Hammett was Frederick Forrest with Marilu Henner, and sort of him hallucinating or one of his characters coming to life needing Dash's help with a case as I recall it. I'll have to pull out the DVD - it's been a few years since I watched it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner