Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAT ADORNMENTS: ribbons, bows, pins, pugs, leather, etc.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very Classy.....

...and how much would you charge a member for something like this? [huh]

P1040329.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Great Michaelshane,

I need this one cuz' I AM a Mrs., NOT a Ms. or a Miss. I nicely correct salespeople that call me that, I've worked hard to keep that designation. I'd want one in gold tone please...

Michaelshane said:
Did this one with my initials....

P1040329.jpg
[/IMG

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Just received my Fedora Lounge pin,

I got two actually- in case I lost one. One I'll try to wear with whatever vintage hat is currently being worn. The other I'm putting on my new Bailey Straw Fedora:
361584306.jpg

Goose.

Practically Family
Here's a NESA pin that is at least 34 yrs old. Recall hearing that the sterling were only made from '72 - '75. They stopped making them in sterling due to silver prices going up. So, it's pretty special to me.

Primary reason I wanted to post was to show this pin saver gizmo. Being that I was concerned about losing this older pin, I found these "pin savers" to secure it to my Fed. Posting a pic and a link for those that may be interested. Work pretty well.

They come in a pack of 12 along w/ the hex wrench.
http://pinsaver.com/cart/results_details.cfm?product_ID=59

515975611_ZZ4Na-S-1.jpg
515975542_Jj7NN-S.jpg

If someone else has posted about these pin savers before, I apologize.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Inusuit said:
There are several references. The New York Times Article from 1910 about Queer Contests isn't what you think.
Interesting. There's a lot more information out now than
there was a couple of years ago, when I last Googled it.

This seems to be the organization (same logo):
http://www.campfireclub.com/
But you can't get to any info without logging in.

As for the queer contest, I'm all for 10 gallon kegs of hard cider.

Thanks!

A first class pin from a First Class Guy!!!

RBH bought a batch of pins & thought this one belonged with me. I put it on the Serratelli wool crusher that I use on Scout hikes & camping trips. I got this as a beater to relieve my Stetson Casual from hazardous duty. Again, MANY thanks Rusty!...
firstclass1.jpg

The noggin shot...
firstclass2.jpg

RBH

Bartender
gtdean48 said:
RBH bought a batch of pins & thought this one belonged with me. I put it on the Serratelli wool crusher that I use on Scout hikes & camping trips. I got this as a beater to relieve my Stetson Casual from hazardous duty. Again, MANY thanks Rusty!...
firstclass1.jpg

The noggin shot...
firstclass2.jpg
Thank you my friend!
It looks great!!!

Goose.

Practically Family
Well, GTDean, what can I say? A ton. I would never wear a badge w/o the scroll.

The First Class badge, to me, is THE badge of Scouting. Kind of reminds me of being a sergeant in the Army. That is THE rank that says "I'm a Scout". Of course, it is the badge of Scouting...most people recognize the Tenderfoot badge...but add the scroll...and that is IT...not just the full BSA logo but an indication of a young man that earned the rank of a true Scout.

I saw those full size ones when they came out a few years ago. Think I have (had) one. MIA.
Anyway, too cool for school that RBH sent ya that.

Getting me all poodle eyed. Touched and proud for your service GTD.

W.W.W.
Goose.

Thanks Brother Goose.
It is the rank that BSA wants all that join to reach. It is the completion of all the Scout Skills, meaning the Scout is prepared to take leadership roles. Less than 3% make the complete road to Eagle.
For 3 years I was in charge of taking the boys out of the New Scout program as Tenderfoot & getting them to First Class. That is why the pin means as much to me as you seem to value it.
YIS, gtd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner