Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAT ADORNMENTS: ribbons, bows, pins, pugs, leather, etc.

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
Hat Pins

I am confused as to whether men can buy or use so called hat pins in their hats without appearing well too um "metro."

Until now, only found that village-hat-shop carried them, but they are 6 inches in length and for women it seems.

Yet, Art seems to have incorporated one into the Wallstreet model very nicely:

Wall%20Street_2.jpg

Anyone know where to buy these pins, for men's hats that is. Also, anyone have any experience or opinions on this accessory?

I am referring to what Art has in the model above, not the pins on stratoliners etc.

thanks

jwalls

Vendor
I sort of like the look of the hat pin on Art's work. I had not considered using one, but I may give it a try. :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

reachnforstars

New in Town
Dobbs Hat pins?

I'd like to enquire about the same! I purchased some great hats recently. A Black Dobbs Twenty and Brown Cavanaugh Thirty both had pearl tipped pins inserted in the band bow. I think they are very vintage hats. Could these pins been original to the hats or were they added by the snappy dresser who owned them?

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
my thoughts too

to me, the pin on that hat adds just a touch of pizazz without getting gratuitous or "fly/pimp".

anyone out there have a suggested retailer for pins suitable to men's hats?

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Lefty said:
search Pearl Stick Pin on ebay and you'll find hundreds

How do we know what ones are real, and what ones are cheap knock offs? I don't know a lot about jewelry, or what makes certain pins better than others. And has anyone thought about asking your local jewelers if they can make one?

One Too Many
Elementary School Pin

2480682250106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

2833736310106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

It is a beautiful pin from Elementary School, where my little daughter studies.
" To teach is to touch a life forever" It reminds me that golden era.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Just to switch this a bit. Can hat pins be used to swap hat bands? My idea is to swap a black fur felt fedora to a bright red, red / green, or even Dunbar family plaid (my grandmother's clan, very Xmas red green tartan) for Christmas. The current band is sewed on I think.

Later

DRB

One Too Many
150719541, That elementary school pin is wonderful. A real priceless memory, and it looks good on the hat too!

Capellan

New in Town
Source for medallions

Hi Folks,
Just inherited a couple of older Stetson western style (?) fedoras and an Adams (25 yrs or more) from my father--I find that I like wearing them...but I don't know much about headgear.

I have a couple of "medallion" questions.

1. Where can I find a source for them....and,

2. if they are the pin style, -- how do you keep the fastener from bulging on the inside of the headband? (or is there another style of medallion/fastener for hats?)?

My Thanks,
Cap

frussell

One Too Many
Not on fedoras yet, but...

Here's a few of my favorites, among hundreds, most still stuck on cowboy hats. Top left, a commemorative pin from a rodeo held this year memorializing my grandfather; below that, a tiny sterling skull and crossbones; bottom left - a sterling "Tecolote," a Mexican folk-art owl my grandfather used as a logo for trail rides he held in countries all over the world. Top middle, nice little bronc rider in bronze, over the larger of two sterling sombrero pins I found a while back (the smaller one rides on my going to town western hat), followed by a pin from my alma mater in Austin. To the left of the "Bevo" pin is my favorite: a 24-carat pile of horse manure that my grandfather always had on his Stetson. The one in the right top corner is a saddle pin from a trail ride I attend every year. I haven't gotten around to putting many pins on fedoras, but these would be some of the ones that would make the cut, especially the "horse apples." Frank
P7120879.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy