Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAT ADORNMENTS: ribbons, bows, pins, pugs, leather, etc.

...Anyone ever put a playing card in their ribbons?

Playing card, no. But, just for laughs, every once in a while I've stuck one of those phony baloney "PRESS" cards on one of my hats:

Press_Fedora_02.jpg

Co-workers and friends who appreciate old movies got the gag immediately, others looked puzzled for a while until they worked up the nerve to ask me about it. ;)

Playing card, no. But, just for laughs, every once in a while I've stuck one of those phony baloney "PRESS" cards on one of my hats:

View attachment 603742

Co-workers and friends who appreciate old movies got the gag immediately, others looked puzzled for a while until they worked up the nerve to ask me about it. ;)
One of my favourite 3Stooges episodes (or was it the Marx Bros?) had two of them with the fake "Press" in their hat ribbon that they stole from a door. The third one had a "Pull" sign. As a kid I thought that was about the funniest thing I had ever seen.

One of my favourite 3Stooges episodes (or was it the Marx Bros?) had two of them with the fake "Press" in their hat ribbon that they stole from a door. The third one had a "Pull" sign. As a kid I thought that was about the funniest thing I had ever seen.
It was indeed The Stooges. They used the gag in one short with Curly, and again with Shemp after Curly had to retire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner