Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HAT ADORNMENTS: ribbons, bows, pins, pugs, leather, etc.

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
2014-02-25%2008.48.05_zps34d68yf8.jpg

Just got this one.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
369th Infantry c. 1917 "Harlem Hellcats" or "Hellfighters" or the "Black Rattlers"

Formerly the 15th New York National Guard, they were, in the vernacular of the day, an all "colored" unit. Based out of Harlem, NYC. In battle they never lost an inch of territory, nor were they captured by the enemy. At least 200 of them were killed and another 1,300 were wounded.
Among it's complement were Bill "Bojangles" Robinson and composer Noble Sissle.

Mr.Astor

Banned
Nice thread! I hope it continues. TonyB,conjures up an era with an inner city attitude that to me are why men wore hats! A neighborhood thing along with Comforts,highly polished,leather jacket full length,or a jacket waist coat herringbone grey and white or black and white. You didn't fight, you met your opponent on the dance floor and beat him there! Ah for the good old days!

Mr.Astor

Banned
I love all these nifty ribbons . . .
But for my money, no one, but NO ONE, beats Art Fawcett for classy ribbons :)

Mingoslim, don't be to hasty check out Katarina hats etsy! She makes an awesome " a word I hate " nonetheless. Her bows are beautiful aged, frayed, a true artisan!

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The first photo is a 30's Dobbs with its original ribbon. The 5th photo is the original Feiges ribbon but with the bow and knot design re-worked. The rest are collaborations between myself and Bob Jessee. All vintage designs using NOS ribbon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112