Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Flap??? Anyone tried?

LittleMissPussyCat

Familiar Face
If I saw that I would assume the wearer was planning a bank robbery.

Apologies, I have just re-read this post and realised it did sound rather like I was taking the mickey, sorry.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Interesting idea. I'd be inclined to try something like that that had a more vintage design to it: maybe the visible parts being made from a fleece similar to a B2 cap, stud fasteners instead of velcro, that sort of thing. Still, if it got cold enough I'd be willing to give it a go as is!

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Interesting idea. I'd be inclined to try something like that that had a more vintage design to it: maybe the visible parts being made from a fleece similar to a B2 cap, stud fasteners instead of velcro, that sort of thing. Still, if it got cold enough I'd be willing to give it a go as is!

I accomplish the same thing in the winters here by teaming my fedora with a good, long scarf.
I admit to buying black, dark blue, tan or other solid color knit scarfs in the ladies section of the department store.... they are longer ... and you don't have to buy the most expensive one around, either.
Knit is best because it can stretch and cling.
Start with one end tucked inside your sports coat, sweater, whatever ... and wrap around the neck, up to the chin and around under your eyes, making sure it's over your ears.
Tuck the end in the back and put on your lid. You are set to go.
Try it a couple times to get it comfortable. You can even wear sunglasses with this set up.
If you add a duffle coat or an overcoat, with the colar up, you'll be plenty toasty and as stylish as Scrooge!

Sam

msm007

One of the Regulars
I accomplish the same thing in the winters here by teaming my fedora with a good, long scarf.
I admit to buying black, dark blue, tan or other solid color knit scarfs in the ladies section of the department store.... they are longer ... and you don't have to buy the most expensive one around, either.
Start with one end tucked inside your sports coat, sweater, whatever ... and wrap around the neck, up to the chin and around under your eyes, making sure it's over your ears.
Try it a couple times to get it comfortable. You can even wear sunglasses with this set up.
If you add a duffle coat or an overcoat, with the colar up, you'll be plenty toasty and as stylish as Scrooge!

Sam

Sounds very good! Would you happen to have a photo of yourself with this on?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I believe Major Moore had a nice design available but haven't located the link.
Google with the link sends me to the Powder Room[huh]:mad:

Last edited:

Sam

Does it look anything like this?

InvisibleMan%20mage.jpg

:D

Edward

Bartender
Does it look anything like this?

InvisibleMan%20mage.jpg

:D

That looks great! Is that from a specific take on Wells' novel?

I did toy with the idea of one of these....

bala%20thin.jpg

...but they tend to make security personnel nervous, and "but it's my national costume" doesn't seem to be accepted as a legitimate reason for wear. Bah.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here

For me, when it's pretty cold, I just switch to a stocking cap.

AEH

One of the Regulars
I got one of these, an if I need to wear a fedora hat in real cold weather (I usually wear a knitted cap) this hat flap serves me well. This hat flap cover ears and neck, are easy to put on and adjust and pretty warm. Well worth the money. (And even though I am cited on the feedback page, I do not have any other affiliation than being a happy costumer :) )

msm007

One of the Regulars
I got one of these, an if I need to wear a fedora hat in real cold weather (I usually wear a knitted cap) this hat flap serves me well. This hat flap cover ears and neck, are easy to put on and adjust and pretty warm. Well worth the money. (And even though I am cited on the feedback page, I do not have any other affiliation than being a happy costumer :) )

Pretty neat, thanks. I like the fact that she (inventor) took intiative to solve a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails