Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat tipping of a different kind.

Doh!

One Too Many
Earlier this year, I bought an open crowned Barbisio and had a c-crown put in by the owner of the shop. Recently, I noticed that the center pinch was no longer center (somehow it drifted by about 2 inches), so I took it back to the shop yesterday for a rebash. The owner wasn't there but one of his workers did a splendid job for me. In fact, I requested a diamond crown this time and he was able to do it. After he finished, I asked how much I owed him and he just said, "A tip."

I gave the guy $10 bucks. Was that enough?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sounds fair - I'm assuming he did it in a matter of minutes and you weren't standing waiting for half an hour or more. I'd probably also send a note to the owner saying his employee did an excellent job on the rebashing during the owner's absence.

ideaguy

One Too Many
I agree with Scotrace-note to the employee, at best; myself-I'd make a point
of thanking the fellow in person, quietly. We never know what policy is in
a place that we don't own. Keep da boss in da dark-they work better that way,
and neither you or the employee have been colored with a transaction not
approved by the boss. Loose lips...

Doh!

One Too Many
All valid points, gentlemen. Unfortunately, I already sent a note via email last night. However, I did not mention that there was no charge; I left it as a generic "thanks for the great service," so hopefully all is well.

Thanks for your replies, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass