Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heat Wave

Dalexs

Practically Family
BlkSnow.jpg

Just think COOL thoughts MK... (oh, and turn the AC up to high!)

Sergei

Gone Home
Just think COOL thoughts MK... (oh, and turn the AC up to high!) [/B]

We can't. There is a stage 1 power alert yesterday for California. I thought Enron went out of business? Can someone trade me a Montecristi for a Morgan whip? :)

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What Heat?

Two weeks ago we had record highs in the Bay Area...not yet spring. Temps in the 80 - 90's..

This week things have gotten back to normal, which was rain last Thurs, pleasant cloudy on thru Sun, where it cleared. Today we had another system move in, with beatuiful skys, low clouds, and mid and upper rain gray clouds. It looks to be clearing for the weekend.

So NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY YOUR SPRING AND SUMMER STRAW.....

Dalexs

Practically Family
Originally posted by MK
Sometimes Portland looks mighty tempting. The high was 75 yesterday. Tomorrow the high is 55! You left a good place there.

BTW: Did you ever go to bar & grill called Bogart's?

I really have no regrets leaving Portland, Boston has always been home for us and it was great getting back into the swing of things here. I swear we had more social life the first 2 months we were back then the entire 8 years we were in Portland
(I know... thats sounds pretty pathetic! And no comments from the peanut gallery up there in Seattle!) And besides, we've only had like maybe 4 days of overcast skys since July!

Unfortunatly, I never heard of Bogarts until you mentioned it here.
It sounds like it may have been a neat place. But I suspect it was probably a bit more tourist geared then anything else.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Originally posted by Dalexs
Unfortunatly, I never heard of Bogarts until you mentioned it here.
It sounds like it may have been a neat place. But I suspect it was probably a bit more tourist geared then anything else.

"Bogart's
Dedicated to Humphrey's memory, this novel, quirky little eatery features Bogart paraphenalia of every imaginable ilk everywhere you look. Humphrey's serves up burgers, hot and cold sandwiches, and salads -- food that's fairly typical American diner fare, though distinguished with titles referring to the restaurant's namesake. Order a Maltese Falcon if a turkey sandwich is what you have in mind, or The Big Sleep for hot pastrami with Swiss."

I drove past it and looked in the windows. It looked interesting....but I never got to go in because it was closed. It is in a business district with a lot of office buildings. It looks like most of the traffic would be workers from the buildings, so it might not have great business on the weekends.

Dalexs

Practically Family
I can't quite place it. I searched the internet and got a few different hits. 1 place in Beaverton, (west of the city) , 1 over on the SE side and 1 right downtown in the business district, which is probably the one you're talking about. And you're right... most of the the good places downtown weren't open after 7pm andclosed on the weekends. Thats Portland for ya'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24